Disgustado!


This topic  has been pretty much milked to death by my blogger-boyfriends over at MSV and Hoboken Journal... now here are my  dos centavos.  
 
As the object of the a  smear job by a local politician, I can relate to State Senator Brian Stack's displeasure at all the attention he's gotten lately.

But he really is a lucky man.

When I tried to get The Hudson Reporter and The Star Ledger to publish this statement: "I am utterly disgusted by the actions of Beth Mason, Larry Stempler and the NJDC"  I got laughed at!   

They didn't care what I thought.

So I think the State Senator is extremely lucky that not only did the papers publish every disgusted syllable from his disgusted mouth,  he's got the resources at his disposal to send thousands of disgusted letters to all his disgusted constituents.

If I had that kind of dough, I would have done the same thing. All over the 2nd Ward.

About Stack's letter, here's what fascinated me: he was disgusted in 2 languages!  Now, that may not be surprising considering the Latino demographic in his district, but have you ever gotten a bilingual apology before?

I haven't.

 In fact I used it as an opportunity to learn some new Spanish words and phrases:
  • La honestidad es la mejor politica (honesty is the best policy)
  • Estoy completamente disgustado por las acciones de mi ex-mujer (I am completely disgusted by the actions of my ex-wife)
  • Yo no tenia concimiento de que estuviera sucediendo algo indebido (I had no knowledge on anythng being wrongfully done)
  • Hemos sufrido un divorcio y no mantenemos el contacto (we endured a divorce and do not maintain contact)
  • un vehiculo que Katia wstaba utilizando (a vehicle that Katia was using)
  • soprendido y consternado (shocked and appalled)

Since Spanish is the 2nd most widely-spoken language in the world (true) the above should come in handy when traveling abroad... like when you need to explain why your ex-wife is driving around in a taxpayer-funded car in a city you're the mayor of.  Learning how to throw your wife under the bus in a second language  is something everyone should know.

In fact, it might be useful to know how to throw one's ex under the bus in 3 languages.

I've been teaching myself Japanese... so how about it?

Stack-sensei wa Nihongo o oshiete kudasai!

Comments

  1. I think Mandarin beats out Spanish. Esta bien GA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right ss1959, I stand corrected!

    The Google is telling me that Spanish is either #2 or #3 for the number of speakers- depending upon whose list you use. So I'll go with the Lord G-d Wiki that has Spanish as the 2nd-most spoken language in the world:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

    Thank you, sir.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment