Sandy Hook


What did you do today?

LA (Little Avenger) wanted to go to then beach- and she's the boss. So we arrived at Sandy Hook (Section D) at 7:30 am- the parking lot was about 5% full. A woman I met in the Ladies Room who'd been there since 6:30 am and told me that's the "best time to go".

Well, we stayed 9 hours. I am extra crispy, burnt beyond recognition. Frankly, I could have left after 4 or 5 hours, but LA was having too much fun. So we stayed... and stayed... and stayed. Now she's passed out on the sofa next to me and I'm slathering my throbbing, pink flesh with udder cream.


In case you aren't familiar with Sandy Hook, I'll tell you a couple of reasons why I like it.

First, it's close- the northernmost of the Jersey Shore points. Without traffic, it's only 1 hour from Hoboken.

Second, it's a family beach- which is another way of saying it's not filled with prowling tattooed hard-bodies or beer-soaked frat boys. If you have a fat ass, or a spare tire- no worries. You'll have plenty of company. PLENTY.

And I give props to all the large gals I saw today who'd packed themselves into tiny bikinis; it's terrific they like themselves enough to strut their ample endowments. So too, the furry-backed gentlemen strolling about without a care. I even saw an older, furry fellow in a teeny Speedo- well, he provided a little too much information for my taste. But the point is, folks were unconcerned with meeting society's expectations of physical perfection and seemed comfortable in their own skin. I applaud you, my friends.

For the third thing I like about Sandy Hook, it's quite a natural, ungroomed sort of beach. In fact it's a National Recreational Area, part of the National Parks of New York Harbor. It includes the nation's oldest operating lighthouse and Fort Hancock military installation, which includes over 100 building and fortifications, as well as a museum.

There you have it.

Well, I hope you enjoyed your day, and here's to another fine one tomorrow.

Comments