|Parents United aligned with the Dark Side|
Friday's post, Debate SHOCK: Parents United thugs harass 1-2-4, has gone viral.
Page views surged ten-fold on Friday, and this page was hit over 2,000 times on a Sunday, the 'dead' traffic day.
|Today's Google stats for Grafix Avenger|
Shock, disgust, disbelief. A couple of folks told me: "Now I know what you've been saying is true."
GA has been saying it for 6 years. So has MSV.
To those who are new to Hoboken's dark underbelly of political bullying, threats, and intimidation against supporters of Reform, here's some historical context.
Local Hoboken elections are non-partisan. Instead, individual candidates or slates of candidates generally support one of Hoboken's two political factions: Reform or 'the Dark Side' (also known as the 'Old Guard')
ReformThe Zimmer administration, BoE coalition of Kids First/Parents for Progress/Reach Higher/Forward Together candidates 1-2-4 represent "Reform"- clean, transparent, progressive governance.
The Dark Side
- Ex-Mayor Peter Cammarano (jailed for taking $25,000 in bribes as part of the 2009 Bid Rig III sting, disbarred in 2014),
- Ex-Mayor Anthony Russo (jailed for taking thousands of dollars in bribes from city contractors between 1994 and 2001),
- Ex-Council President Christopher Campos (charged with conspiracy to commit bank and wire fraud in $7M car loan scheme, faces 30-year jail sentence)
- Ex-Councilman Michael Schaefer (jailed for funneling $25K bribe to ex-mayor Cammarano),
- Ex-Parking/Trans Director John Corea (jailed for stealing $600K from parking meters),
- Patrick Ricciardi (City HalI IT director arrested for stealing Mayor Zimmer's email),
- Mike Russo (caught on FBI surveillance video accepting $5K bribe),
- Matt Calicchio (charged with criminal harassment of a Reform board member in front of her 6 year-old daughter, charged with attempted assault of a senior citizen at Fox Hills, videotaped menacing a dry cleaning store owner ),
- [redacted] (Hoboken lore: allegedly inherited his fortune when his rich mentor 'fell' off a roof top- oops!),
- Ex-HHA Executive Director Carmelo Garcia (fired, accepted $3,100 in donations from vendors who billed the Housing Authority over $2.1 million since September of 2011),
- Ex-HBoE Trustee Frank Raia (2002-2008) was President in 2005-2006 when his Board:
- spent $48K on 157 unauthorized cell phone accounts
- put 1,050 employees on the BoE payroll: no names, addresses, job description
- wrote a $500K purchase order to itself- paid itself $56K no explanation
- spent hundreds on steak house dinners
- took pals to Atlantic City, gave them $300 stipends
- cooked enrollment numbers from 2003-2008
- Rewarded a pal with a $60K contract for marketing- excessive for work done
- outsourced janitors for $91K when 60 "janitors" were on the BoE payroll
- bought extra rooms for pals at the Plaza Hotel with classroom money
- spent petty cash like a slush fund
- $1,900,000 disappeared on contracts that "not available for review" or with "no evidence of approval" or "exceeded the bid threshold"
- Ex-HBoE Trustee Anthony 'Stick' Romano (served 2006-2008, 2006 Audit showed "payroll ledger not maintained"... 2007 audit showed "check signing protocol was not followed... lack of internal controls in check signing protocol may lead to unauthorized cash disbursements")
- BoE Trustee John Madigan (issued a summons for the alleged harassment of a Reform BoE member)
- BoE Trustee Peter Biancamano (alleged "vote buying" -won 2014 election with 466 VBMs)
- Ex-Assistant Superintendent Anthony Petrosino (published lies on district QSAC scores and lies on district enrollment, fired from $144K full-time BoE contract while maintaining a residence in Austin where he was teaching a class)
- QLC Boad Member Eduardo Gonzales (stood with thug as he blinded 1-2-4 with his flashlight, said nothing, did nothing)
- Parents United (they brought Dark Side thugs to BoE debate, smiled as thugs blinded 1-2-4 with a flashlight )
The harassment of Reform BoE members and their supporters by the Dark Side and it's thugs began full-force in 2009.
That's the year Reform took the majority on the School Board and Dawn Zimmer became Mayor.
That's the year that 'Dark Side' fingers were pried off Hoboken's levers of power.
Unruly behavior, threats and intimidation (like we saw at last week's BoE debate) followed Reform to BoE meetings, HHA meetings, the City Council, and into the street. An innocent conversation could beget a harassment complaint, like the one Matt Calicchio filed against the proprietor of MSV.
Here's an example of Dark Side aggression against Reform, caught on film.
The night of November 3, 2010 was a Council meeting. Outside, on the steps of Hoboken City Hall, a very large Mike Holmes menaced a not-large Reform supporter for some imagined transgression. Fortunately, the fight is stopped Perry "the Hair" Belefiore.
And at election time, Dark Side harassment escalated.
Like last week, with a flashlight in the eyes of 1-2-4.
The thugs and their corrupt 'Dark Side' allies are the backbone of Parents United.
And you know what they say: