Russo's Hail Mary

 https://hudsoncountyview.com/hoboken-councilman-russo-id-consider-freeholder-run-under-certain-circumstances/

This is funny....  So, Third Ward Councilman Mike Russo announced to the local media that he'd run for Freeholder if certain conditions were met.  My analogy... 

Say you're in high school and want to date the student body President; his name is Tom DeGise.  So, you follow Tom home from school every day, call him, text him, croon love songs under his window, but he just won't ask you out.  So how do you get Tom's attention?  

You take out a full page ad in the school newspaper! The headline:  

"I'd consider dating Tom under certain circumstances"

Now, I'm not sure that wooing a suitor (or a Freeholder endorsement) in the media is effective, but hey- what do I know?  It is a Hail Mary for sure.  Hudson County County Executive Tom DeGise, and Hudson County Democratic Organization Chair Amy DeGise have made it clear that they are firmly in incumbent Anthony 'Stick' Romano's corner.   The HCDO and County machinery are not budging- so GA hears. 

But hey, Russo's chutzpah is admirable.  Why not.  What's  he got to lose?  

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
Alfred Lord Tennyson - 1809-1892

Comments