Cristin: Top 10 reasons to vote for me!



As Election Day approaches on Tuesday, many have asked me why I'm the best candidate for the 6th Ward Hoboken City Council seat.

It's a great question. Here's my top 10:

 1. Above all else, I want to maintain the charm and character of Hoboken. We're at a critical crossroads and developers are chomping at the bit to build more luxury housing. We can’t afford to turn Hoboken into Jersey City with high rises crowding the skies. Fighting overdevelopment and stressing the need for commercial and affordable housing in scale with our community will be my top priority.

2. I'm the only candidate who will expand our historic districts without carving out exemptions for developers or powerful property owners. I strongly support expanding our Historic District so our shared history isn't torn down and lost forever, and I won't blindly provide exemptions that give Stevens the opportunity to tear down historic homes to build large dormitories - a key difference between me and my opponent. Read more here.

3. I have a thoughtful, well-researched plan to assist our small businesses and support our mom and pop shops. I've put out proposals to enact land use regulations that limit chain stores and help locally owned small businesses, financial incentives that reward landlords for accommodating local retail, a pop-up shop program to fill empty storefronts fast and encourage more diverse retail. We need to be proactive, not reactive, with this issue.

4. I believe our backyard open space (known as the “donut”) is absolutely a priority to preserve. I will never side with developers to reduce this critical backyard area so they can claim a profit, another major difference between my opponent and me. Read more here.

5. With me, what you see is what you get - I won't say one thing behind closed doors and another to the public. I'm not a politician. In my life and in my 20-year career as an executive producer of TV series, I have a well-earned reputation as a straight shooter. I'll never say one thing to get votes or campaign contributions and another to my constituents.

6. I care deeply about the day to day issues of my neighbors, and will go above and beyond to help all my constituents. I believe a critical role of a Ward Councilperson is to be responsive with everyday issues that come up. No issue is too small or large. I love helping people. Hoboken is my hometown, and you are all my neighbors.

7. My family has been here since 1897 and Hoboken means the world to me. My great-grandparents Robert and Raffaela Cricco helped build St. Ann’s Church, and my grandfather Carl, Sr., and father, Carl, Jr., were much-loved surgeons in Hoboken. I want to build a better Hoboken for future Cricco generations, and everyone else who wants to call Hoboken home for the long term.

8. My kids, a 5th generation of Criccos, are thriving in our public schools, and I believe the City Council must be a strong supporter of our public-school district. I propose expanding opportunities for kids in different schools to meet each other, from expanding recreation options to holding city-wide social events like dances and picnics.

9. I have a plan to create intergenerational activities that build community. There are kids in town growing up without grandparents and seniors who live far from family. I want to bring them together. Intergenerational programming benefits everyone involved, connecting our wisest generation to our newest generation and building strong bonds between "Old Hoboken" and "New Hoboken". Read more here.

10. I'm the only candidate with bold ideas for building and securing more affordable housing so that regular working people, young and old, can afford to live in Hoboken. I'll help create a commercial linkage generating funds for affordable housing, and more, so our teachers, firefighters, police, and seniors can afford to stay here for the long term.

My platform and ideas for Hoboken can be found by clicking here.  

Thank you, and I hope to have your vote tomorrow. Polls are open between 6 am and 8 pm.

Sincerely, Cristin Cricco-Powell
Candidate, 6th Ward City Council 

P.S. If you have some time to help volunteer for my campaign between now and the end of day Tuesday – I could use your help! Please message me if you’re able to lend a few hours for our Get Out The Vote (GOTV) efforts.

Paid for by Cristin Cricco-Powell for Hoboken City Council

Comments

  1. And to add to the list of best reasons to vote for her, she has other attributes that stand out in marked contrast to her opponent:

    11. Cristin is educated
    12. Cristin is honest
    13. Cristin is ethical
    14. Cristin is not a hypocritical "DINO" (Democrat in name only)
    15. Cristin is emotionally mature
    16. Cristin works well with others
    17. Cristin is a professional, working mother
    18. Cristin will represent her constituents
    19. Cristin will not put personal politics before Hoboken's best interest
    20. Cristin is not beholden to anyone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment