DEBATE: Hoboken's 5th ward candidates (FULL VIDEO)

 
Here it is!   The full hour and 15 minute, unedited 5th Ward candidates debate! Recorded at Mile Square Theater on Tuesday night for  the cable show The Pulse, the debate was hosted by Peter Biancamano and co-moderated by Josh Sotomayor Einstein. 

An edited version of debate will air on Sunday and/or Monday at 9AM.  But, in response to public interest, The Pulse has decided to release the full debate online, today. 


Earlier, I'd asked Peter how it all went.  

"The debate was a great success and important to have for the voters of the 5th ward, the only ward race in Hoboken with no incumbent and 3 candidates," he said,  "Myself, Joshua Sotomayor Einstein (our political analyst who moderated the debate with me), and the entirety of The Pulse with Peter B., are proud to bring this and other unique Hoboken focused programming to our tens of thousands of viewers." 

I'd asked Phil Cohen (and the other 5th ward candidates about the debate) yesterday, and he got back to me today.

"I want to thank The Pulse with Peter B and Mile Square Theatre for hosting the 5th Ward Debate," Phil said, "I hope that people take the time time to watch the debate as it covered a lot of important issues and will give residents of the Fifth Ward an opportunity to "meet" the candidates and I appreciated the ability to introduce myself to the audience." 

Okay folks. Grab some popcorn, and here we go!


Comments

  1. Nicola was quite impressive. At first I thought he was a total idiot when I watched him at the union dry ROCK hearing, but in this debate I'm not writing him off anymore.
    The repeated "Senior services" talking points is a big yawn. The Battle of Fox hill gardens won't decide this race.
    Parks. Taxes. Development. Transit.
    The guy has a unique focus with the buses and I think it will take him pretty far. I still think Phil has this in the bag. The 5th Ward Phil supporters can go to sleep now and wake up on Wednesday morning and he'd still win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with GA's help promoting the video has very few people who actually watched it (68 at the time of this post) and I would wagger that a large number of those views are not from 5th Ward voters.

    I agree Nicola is not a total idiot as many people believed but not sure how much of that was product of the reported intensive perp he was given by Vision Media.

    I do not think that Phil or his supporters will go to sleep at any point before election day.


    Phil Cohen is the best candidate in the race and hopefully that will translate into him becoming the next City Council representative for the 5th Ward in Hoboken.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment