Belfiore INTERVIEW: "Yes, I am running." (5th ward council)

credit: Hoboken Patch ,"Some Confusion as Hoboken Heads to the Polls"-  Nov 6, 2012

Like we needed more heat in Hoboken today, look who's running to challenge Phil Cohen in the 5th Ward...

The Hair Apparent himself, Perry Belfiore!

IT'S TRUE
GA heard the news last night: Belfiore had been to the City Clerk's Office and pulled petitions. 

So, this morning I texted Perry a bunch of questions; asked if he was running, and if so, why and what his platform was.  I reminded him that "I have always been fair to you and your gorgeous mop of heavenly fur. So please get back to me and STAY COOL!"

He got back to me.

"Yes, I am running," Belfiore replied, "My platform is a work in progress. Sure some of my previous positions will be part. Didn't know I needed to run until Peter dropped out. Elections are about choices and one candidate running offers no choice at all. "

I asked Perry if he was on Ruben's ticket (with Giattino, Fisher and DeFusco.) 

He replied, "Ruben and Michael are great friends but have their own races to run.  They are aware of my candidacy and I expect no help from them."

"Will Vision Media be running your campaign,? I asked, "and if not who are your campaign Chair and Treasurer?"  

"Cant afford Vision, I have a mouth and can speak for myself.  Nancy, I didn't know I was running until Peter dropped out so I haven't thought about the mechanics of the campaign. But I want to give voters a choice between an independent and an individual who would disappear 3 days after Ravi started using Preparation H."

(YIKES!  I just got the um, joke... ) 

"When did you notify Ruben and Mike that you were running?

"Ruben on Wednesday,"  Belfiore answered, "DeFusco typed text but neglected to send. So today."

"You should run with Ruben and Mike. Let them pay for Vision Media."

"Others have horses they may wish to back. So I will run a ticket of one."

"Jen pulled petitions for 5th ward this week.  Those meant for you?"

No response. 

Well, there you go, people. We've got a race in the 5th.  





Comments

  1. If he's one of the redacteds, that's a crazy move. Or maybe the picture isn't as dire as the dripper thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure his hair isn't wired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard pass on this tool. He would be a disaster on the CC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Total head-scratcher. The answers don't add up. Running just to give people a choice without a platform? Lived here your whole life and you need to think about it?

      Nice mix of actual candidates and people pissing on your leg and telling you it's raining this year.

      Delete
    2. Perry would be a vehicle to create a runoff between Phil and the "candidate to be named later."

      Delete
    3. Jen picked up the petitions last week. Shouldn't take long to find out.

      Delete
    4. The fact that she picked up petitions doesn't necessarily mean they have a candidate yet. Just that they are hoping to.

      Delete
    5. Hmm - thinking Tony might run.

      Delete
    6. Another scumbag who we don't need.

      Delete
    7. Agreed. Unfortunately, there's no lack of scumbags in politics, especially Hudson County and Hoboken. He's getting active on social media again, so you know he's gearing up to either be someone else's sycophant-in-chief or he'll seek to gain some advantage in the fray. My guess is since there's a split within the old-Reform, he'll seek to make himself relevant somewhere between the light and dark.

      Delete

Post a Comment