Message from Cristin, my ward candidate!

GA Note:
I'm delighted to post my neighbor, Cristin Cricco-Powell's first public message as a candidate for Hoboken's 6th Ward.   I'd like to thank my current ward Councilwoman Jen Giattino for her years of service to my ward.  But it's time for a change. 

Heeeeeeere's Cristin!


My name is Cristin Cricco-Powell, and I'm running for the City Council’s 6th Ward seat. I grew up in Hoboken, and over the past decade I've watched my beloved hometown make so much positive progress. I'd like to keep that momentum going. I'm running on a slate with four other candidates supported by Mayor Ravi Bhalla. All of us have chosen to run because we love our city and want to bring fresh perspectives to city government.

I’m a fourth generation Hobokenite, and I feel blessed to be raising a fifth generation here. My children are thriving in our close-knit city and in our public schools, healthy new shoots with deep roots. My father Carl cared for our community as a surgeon for nearly 40 years, and my late mother Nancy, a historian and archivist, served on our Historic Preservation Commission. I want to serve to honor them and the community that raised me.

My dad, Carl and my mother, Nancy gave so much to Hoboken, and I'm running because I want to continue their legacy of public service

I’m excited to be running with four energetic, positive candidates. Like many of us, I supported (and voted for) several of the incumbents in past elections. I really hoped that the tensions from the 2017 mayoral campaign would dissipate, but I've been disappointed to see personal score-settling instead of public service, and I think that it's time for a reset.

Our team has only one agenda: to work together and put forward policies that help make Hoboken a stronger, closer community and an even better place to live, work, and raise a family.

I really hope you can join us tonight! Migdalia, Nora, Lisa, Phil and I will be kicking off our campaign for Hoboken at 10th and Willow, at 7:00 pm. If you’d like to help join our campaign efforts, please let us know! We also welcome any financial support (campaigns can be expensive!). Tonight’s event is free, but if you’d like to make a donation, we welcome any checks made out to “Team Bhalla for Hoboken.

I look forward to seeing you tonight!

Best,
Cristin Cricco Powell
Candidate for City Council, 6th Ward

P.S. - My campaign Facebook page is live! Check it out by clicking here.


Team Bhalla for Hoboken: Migdalia Pagan-Milano (Ward 1), Phil Cohen (Ward 5), Cristin Cricco-Powell (Ward 6), Mayor Bhalla, Nora Martinez DeBenedetto (Ward 2), Lisa Sprengle (Ward 4)
(click names above to follow the candidates' Facebook pages)

Comments

  1. I want to join cristinity any how but I want to be a rich
    If Ur agree of my comment then mail me haqtajamul@gmail.com I'm waiting for your email

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment