Fisher attacks Hoboken resident for critical speech at the City Council



COUNCILWOMAN'S CALL FOR CIVILITY FROM THE NINTH CIRCLE 
On Saturday, Councilwoman Tiffanie Fisher posted an "official release" from a rabidly partisan, anti-Administration web site where she regularly posts her newsletters. A portion of the release, "Personal Attacks on Me" is the subject of this post.  GA was personally amazed by it. Part self-pitying lament, part wildly-inappropriate attack on a speaker who dared criticize her at the City Council; she ended it with  a call for civility.

Oh, boy!  Fisher's call for civility from that place is like preaching chastity from a whore-house.  

Be honest, Tiffanie.  You patronize that site because he attacks your enemies viciously and personally with the aim of hurting them, and says what you want to say, but can't.  You've got no problem with the site's Sikh puns, attacks on the police or general lack of civility toward anyone who does not agree with his (your) political narratives.  It's my opinion and belief that you selfishly exploit his apparent mental downspiral.  A real friend would get him the kind of help he needs, not use him like a tool. Were Roman still my friend, I would help him. That's why I can forgive him.  Shame on you for taking selfish advantage of his decline. 

COUNCILWOMAN ATTACKS HOBOKEN RESIDENT FOR CRITICAL REMARKS AT THE COUNCIL 
During Public Portion at December 5th Council meeting, a guy named Anthony spoke for 3 minutes.  I've paraphrased what he said: 

"The vendettas have gone too far... I will not allow you two politicians to drag Chief Ferrante's name through the mud... I've come to the sad conclusion that it is the intention of at least  Tiffanie Fisher and Mike DeFusco to sabotage city's government. I came here primarily to defend Mr. Ferrante, but want to call out two attempts to sabotage the City's government: (1) Mr. Defusco, the ordinance to fire Jason Freeman is the politics of personal destruction. Let the mayor do his job and decide who he needs to help run this city, (2) Ms. Fisher- you voted against the hiring of Ms. Gonzales for Director of Environmental Services, publicly questioned Chris Brown's hiring, and called Ravi Bhalla "unelectable." Let's see. A Hispanic, an African American and a Sikh. That's a very troubling theme...  Exposes the city to a lawsuit for discriminatory hiring practices... Mr. Ramos, on behalf of the citizens of Hoboken, please call out these councilpersons when their  behavior jeopardizes the city."


Councilwoman Fisher addressed Anthony's remarks in her "official release" 3 days later:




Well, Hoboken's 2nd Ward Councilwoman sure sent a message to the public.

Beth Mason's Tiffanie Fisher's message:
  • Criticize me at the Council and I will BULLY you online,
  • I will publish your name, make you Googleable,
  • I will do opposition research on you, such as looking up your age,  
  • And the things I can't write (your address, your job) I'll give my blogger to eviscerate you with and/or embarrass you in his comments section,   
  • I will accuse you of engaging in a conspiracy with my enemies at City Hall; 
  • By accusing you of a conspiracy, I de-legitimize your remarks because,
  • Anyone who criticizes me can't be a real person with real grievances,
  • I won't listen to what you say, I don't care what you say, I will hit back,  
  • My response will be asymmetrical: two dozen people watched the meeting; hundreds will read my emailed and online conspiracy theories about you, and whatever nasty opp research I launder through the comments section,   
  • My thin-skinned over-reaction to criticism is meant to stifle dissent--unless you want to star in my "Personal Attacks Against Me- The Sequel."  
Folks, this is wrong, immature and inappropriate in so many ways I can't count them.  

Free speech and the right to criticize one's government are the bedrock of our Democracy, to be protected ever more vigilantly in the Age of Trump.


Comments

  1. The standard butt-hurt narrative is that no opposition is organic. Everything is orchestrated from city hall. Everything on this website, any/all criticism of of the butt-hurts is directed by city hall.

    We live in the era of gas-lighting. "What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening," as Individual-1 would say. Instead, trust me to tell you what is happening, what happened, correct what you think you saw, correct the way you think you remembered things. It started on the alt-right, but no one who loves power more than ethics is immune. Least of all Fisher.

    Goebbels was right about repeating large lies. Ordinary people don't tell them so they assume no one else would. Thus a website that has never acknowledged pride week (ever) or marriage equality accuses this website, which has been wildly supportive of both, of being anti-gay. Just throwing stuff at the wall. Someone who doesn't bother doing any research on his own, which is the central hope of the alt-right, just might believe it.

    I charge every misbegotten, ugly, lying comment to Fisher's account at this point.

    Just as, at this point, I'm far more pissed off at the GOP than Individual-1. I-1 can't help it. He's a low-life narcissistic pig. At some point you stop blaming the pig and blaming the ones who let him in and pretend everything he's doing is pretty much ok because it serves their broader agenda. Fisher is doing the same.

    I too hope Roman makes some kind of comeback and that whoever he still listens to takes a crack at talking to him. But Fisher & co are the worst sort of users and dead to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://twitter.com/fishercountdown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I have a pretty think skin." Nothing more needs to be said. Someone who has such a lack of self-awareness is a lost cause.

      Delete
    2. For what is worth, a friend told me to take a look at the absolutely disgusting and vile comments being made on Roman's site, including what I consider to be a stalker-like obsession with you. The reference to your house exploding is a peek into the mind of an unstable person. While I was never a fan of Beth Mason (actually thought she was pretty nasty), his obsession with you makes me almost feel sorry for her and gives me pause as to why Beth felt the need to get a restraining order against Roman. I wonder why he has to have a vicious level of hatred for any perceived opponent? I like the mayor, but would not consider myself to be a Ravi Bot by any means. Who thought that appellation was funny or witty. It is just insulting and dumb.

      I know that you have asked people not to post about him here, but I wanted to give you props for not taking the bait that is cast out on his site as well as on Hudson County View. I sent a note to John Heinis and told him that I had stopped reading his site because the comments were so vile and that he had to take ownership and responsibility for what his site attracts. Likewise, Tiffany has to take ownership of the deplorable things being posted on Roman's site. I recall that she broadcast a request for people in Hoboken to donate to Roman's site. She now needs to either disavow the site or she will suffer from the association, IMO.

      It may be that the comments are made by a small group of people talking to each other under different screen names. However, whoever is making those comments are losing the larger audience.

      Delete
    3. The constant lashing out at this site and its owner is truly obsessive; it happens regardless of the subject matter ostensibly being replied to.

      You'd call it a victory if the person seemed stable; that you're so far in their head that they can't stop thinking and talking about you. But when the person doesn't seem stable, it doesn't feel so much like a victory.

      Delete
    4. Roman is not making a comeback. He is so far gone it is beyond belief. The CC members he shills for are so full of spite it has completely poisoned their every action and every word. He too is filled w/ that poison. The best we can hope for is his readership to continue to shrivel up into nothingness.

      Delete
    5. Not that kind of comeback. The site is dead and buried. I think even Tony is done with it. I meant a comeback to the real world.

      Delete
  3. Not liking it so much when the shoe is on the other foot, hmmm Tiffany?

    I highly doubt she had any such intent to be 'civil' in her press-release and public take-down of Gary Holtzman, Jason Freeman, or any of the other public or private folks she has slandered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there something in the water at city hall that causes rampant narcism and paranoia? Some of them seem sane when the ran for office and then, bam they turn out like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fisher is calling attention to a debate over whether or not she's a racist which is not a conversation she can win. For those who follow this stuff, it's kind of an "I am not a witch" moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly find it hard to believe tiff is racist. I think she is classist, condescending, narcissistic, self-aggrandizing, untrustworthy, not the sharpest knife in the draw and at times dishonest, but not racist.

      Delete
    2. I agree - I do not thing she's racist except to the extent that it's a natural by product of her elitism. But she is so self absorbed, self righteous and tone deaf that she is oblivious to the implications of her conduct.

      And the more she indignantly protests the worse she looks. The public wants their leaders to act like leaders, not like victim's.

      Delete
    3. That’s a great resume. Big fan here too!

      She doesn’t seem too busy. I think I just found my new Chief if Staff. My people have been telling me to make a choice that signals my willingness to reach across the ditch.

      Done and done!

      Delete
    4. This isn't the first time she's been called a racist or implied to be racist. When it becomes a pattern, it becomes more likely that it's true. Racism takes many forms -- you don't have to use the n-word or wave swastika flags to be a racist. Elitism and self-righteousness produce an inherent bias against those who are different from yourself that can often veer into racism.

      Delete
    5. I agree with you, Anon @ 3:10. Racism takes many forms, institutionalized racism comes to mind. It's so embedded in our systems, that only those that are disadvantaged tend to notice it.

      Members of this council are thought to be anti-Semitic, homophobic and racist, by turns. Sometimes more subtle than others, but the results are the same, even when they may be unaware of their own intentions.

      We can't "police" their thoughts, but we have their actions and words to draw these logical conclusions, and they add up to unacceptable behaviors from elected officials in a diverse city.

      Delete
  6. How funny is Tiffanie pushing her "I'm not a racist" agenda by using Roman Brice of all people... and then pretending like she didn't PAY HIM in the past. Oh yeah, let me trust you and the guy you pay! No problem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really pretty simple. If Tiffanie isn't a racist - why did she vote against the Hispanic, against the African American, and say the things she did about our Sikh Mayor? Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....

    And then for her to support a blogger to referred to this civilian as "DeRetardo" is despicable!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment