Live Thread... Hoboken poll reports!

my polling location: Hoboken Public Library

Want to share your experience/observations at the polls today?  Please drop a note to:  grafixavenger666@gmail.com.  You will remain anonymous, but please provide your poll location. Thank you! 
_____________

Hi, you don't know me but I read and enjoy your site. I saw you asked for voting reports.

Ward 1, district 6, voting at the Multi-Service Center:  7:45 am--line outside the door and around the corner, probably 20-30 people in line outside and more than that inside for the various districts there.  My little slip said I was #167 to vote, about 8am.

Notes: Some better larger signs inside would have helped people from getting in the wrong letter-grouping line, but the poll workers said they hadn't had a chance to make better signs because they were so busy. People were generally good natured and things worked out.

The lady running the voting booth was bad-mouthing Trump, which I fully agree with, but it did seem inappropriate for what should be a neutral worker in a neutral location.
_________

I'll share mine (GA!)  Ward 6, Disrict 5- polling location was the Hoboken Public Library.   I arrived at about 6:30 AM. Short line but bustling; a steady stream of people coming and going.

Do not try this, people! I was told later, "no electronic devices."

Look, there are Tiffanie's "I voted" stickers! The poll workers were sticking them on people prior to voting.  I asked for mine "to go." You know, Take-Out Democracy.  I'm sorry, didn't look at my #! Peeps in front, and peeps waiting to vote.  Oh yes, the poll workers did not have coffee or donuts!  Please... whomever does this kind of thing, please furnish taxpayer- financed coffee, croissants, donuts and pizza (for lunch). 
_________

I voted with [xxx] before dropping her off at school, and the lines at Wallace were out the door and starting to extend onto the sidewalk at 7:45 AM. The poll workers said that there was already a long line at the door when they opened at 6 AM. Turnout this morning appeared stronger than in 2016, and there were definitely first-time voters. One person ahead of me was unfamiliar with the voting machines and needed help casting their vote. Others were unfamiliar with the which line to join for their district, and the check-in procedure at the tables. All good signs!
_________

Ward 4 district one was the busiest I have seen it early since 2012. I was voter 120 and got there at about 740. Long line behind me too!
_________

Ward 6..Demarest School...Hoboken. At 7am it was packed! Love it!!
_________

im 4-2 (sky club) i was 93rd at 8:30 which is pretty healthy for over there!  Def. will need two machines for the next election....didn't take a sticker 🙂
_________

Fox hill, 2-3, I was #258 and there are already 23 provisional ballots.  The poll workers are overwhelmed and amazed at the turnout. Now, 12:00 PM.

_________

VOTE COUNTS (12:15PM)
city hall 1-1 162
1-2 522
1-4 217
2-3 250
3-3 212 
3-2 218 
3-7 246
3-5 191
4-4 132
library 227 
5-5 137 
5-3 212 
5-6 485
skyclub 260
4-4 132
6-6 330
6-4 201
_________

I voted after we got back from the doctor around 10:30 at Wallace.  No lines, but not surprising that time of day and it was torrential downpour. Hopefully the rain won’t hurt turnout.
_________

Hi! I voted at 9am at Ward 3 District 6 and was voter 167. Poll location 455 9th street.
_________

#135 - Ward 4, Fire House at 43rd Madison St approximately 8:00 AM 

Only one booth was present, line was perhaps 25-30 people long for it. Line for checking in was probably averaging 7 people deep. 2 volunteers at check-in, 1 volunteer at the booth. 

It look maybe 30 minutes, give or take, to cast my vote. The volunteers at check-in had at times complained about not receiving an additional booth. Despite the mist and light rain, voter turn out was very high it seemed (at least in the morning). No issues aside from having only 1 booth at the location.
_________

I voted at 8:15 a.m. at Brandt school. The poll workers know me because I rarely miss chance to vote and because now they know me as Ravi's brother. 

While I was in line to vote, a poll worker I know well came up to me with a woman and said the woman was being told she could not vote by two other poll workers because her name was not in the books and because her ID had a Mercer County address. The poll worker said, "Isn't she allowed to vote provisionally? Why are they [referring to the two poll workers at the desk] not allowing her to vote provisionally?" I said, "yes, she should always be given a provisional ballot." The upset poll worker also said that 4 other people were not allowed to vote provisionally or not given that option. 

After I voted,  I went to the two poll workers who were supposedly not providing provisional ballots and told them they have to provide provisional ballots to people not in the books. I then texted my brother about the situation. He texted back within 5 minutes and said he had asked a Hudson County election official to go the Brandt to clarify the rules for the elections workers. I'm really surprised this happened. The poll workers are all very nice and I see them every election. I don't think it's nefarious. Just a mistake.
_________

249 at 2-4 at 10AM
_________

#253 at 1-4
_________

322 at Hoboken High at 345PM ZERO line, walked in voted walked out 
_________

#343 at 4-2 at 4:30
_________

Wallace school. ward 5 district 7. 10 min wait at 420pm 
Voter 737

I had gone this morning at 9a and after waiting 20 minutes with little movement I left knowing I could come back in the afternoon. I don’t think they have enough booths for that precinct, particularly district 6 (ward 5). They may need to rethink the ward and districts there as well.
_________

Dear GA, The kid and I voted at Demarest at 5:15pm.  We were # 273 in 6-1.  

Voting in 6-6 was off the charts - over 550 at 5:15pm  Presidential numbers.

Got a call from a friend this morning at the Sky Club complaining of only one voting booth.  I got on the phone to the Superintendent of Elections and, after a lengthy and somewhat uncooperative conversation, got the person to call the chief investigator.  Turns out others had called as well.  She said a second voting booth was on the way to the Sky Club - this was mid morning.  I called the Hoboken Democratic Committee to reach out to contacts and they confirmed it was on the way.  I presume the notes about only one voting booth relate to the morning voting.  If not, Sky Club residents should raise holy hell about not getting that 2nd promised booth.  Ravi should make sure they get at least two in every election.
_________

Just voted, no problems and quick short line. I was voter 438 at ward 3 district 2
_________

My husband was just 429 in the 4.1
_________

2-3 is at 458
_________

We are Ward 5, district 4, and voted very easily at Brandt School today. My husband voted at 7:30 am. (#49 he thinks), after waiting just a few minutes. I went at 4:45, and there was no wait.
_________

Comments

  1. I was #175 in 4-5 at around noon which is pretty good for a midterm without a swing congressional seat.

    My wife and I canvassed for Mikie Sherrill over the weekend - the energy for her was amazing and I've heard it was like that for all 4 flippable seats. The energy isnt the same forMenendez but unless there's a massive polling error, the votes will be there.

    I think NJ Dems are going to smiling broadlywhen the votes are counted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At about 10AM, I was # 249 in ward 2, district 4. Place was pretty empty, as I suspect most voted before work. Put an "I Voted" sticker on my raincoat, and when I found out they were from Fisher, tried to peel it off. Toxic sticky glue wouldn't give up. Where do I send the dry cleaning bill?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No line at 9:30 am for me at Wallace, although there were long-ish lines for some districts there.

    Someone on the Hoboken subreddit said Sky Club has only one machine and long lines, is this true? If so, seems like they should have more than one machine for the number of registered voters there.

    How are decisions made about the number of voting locations, number of machines per location, etc.? Is it based on a known, established system based on the number of registered voters in a neighborhood? Is it a budget issue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since real humans vote at the Sky Club i have a feeling a push for a second machine will not happen...gotta make sure the VBMers get all the goods.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote in Dana Wefer for Senate. Fuck it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment