EXCLUSIVE: Government watchdog mulling 2nd Ward run!

Councilman Donnelly?

A certain 2nd Ward resident swept onto the Hoboken political scene last July out of nowhere, capturing the hearts of good-government advocates all across the Mile Square.  You see, so  many good, honest folks are disgusted that council "Reformers" have slipped under the covers with less-than-ethical colleagues: pay-to-players and triple-dippers.  So, when this 2nd Ward resident appeared out of nowhere with fiery oratory and a handful of ethics complaints, it was love at first sight! Okay... maybe not love, but admiration and respect. Good government advocates wanted to see MORE of this guy. We wanted him to keep up the pressure.

Well... it appears that he is.

GA is honored to break the news that this good government watchdog is mulling a run to replace Tiffanie Fisher on the City Council. 

His name is Mike Donnelly.   If you have not seen it, watch his July appearance at Hoboken City Council:


As usual in Hoboken, when a good government nail pops up, some schmuck is there to knock it down. In this case, the schmucks are sore (election) losers a.k.a residents of Butt-Hurt Nation.

Yep, since his July appearance, Mike Donnelly has been sprayed over and over with horse-diarrhea.  Q-Anon Brice, who never met a conspiracy theory he didn't suck up like a dry sponge, never bothered contacting Donnelly nor the Mayor's Office before publishing drivel about Hillary's emails, Vince Foster's suicide and Donnelly's alleged service to the Mayor's Office.

Well actually, Donnelly doesn't care. Nor do I. Such is the fate of good-government watchdogs who seek accountability from their elected officials. Donnelly filed a real ethics complaint against First Ward Councilman Mike DeFusco;  I say "real" because Donnelly's complaint is not the toothless whining letter written mid-election by Tiffanie Fisher.  Donnelly's ethics complaint is the real thing.




And so, the attacks on the good government watchdog will continue by unscrupulous persons who want to protect pay-to-players and triple-dippers.  But really, who cares?  Such attacks didn't work when Mason's operatives were doing it, and they won't work against a guy who is dead serious about cleaning up the City Council.

Starting with the 2nd Ward.

In fact, GA was tipped off last August. A source told me, "Donnelly plans on running in the 2nd ward. Mike will be running independently."

I say: this is Democracy!  May the best candidate win! And if Donnelly has his way, it won't be Fisher. 

"If I run, I will run as an independent candidate and be the actual true government watchdog this city needs.," Donnelly told me,  "I also believe the 2nd ward deserves better leadership than Tiffanie Fisher. She's a wolf in a sheep's clothing, and of all of the council, she's the most destructive.  Her conflicts of interest with respect to the Monarch project led her to pursue flawed strategies that will come at the expense of our ward.  From attacking Councilman Russo's idea to build an ADA complaint playground for disabled children, to supporting enemies of the Reform movement just to score petty political points against a Mayor she called unelectable, she's just about as toxic to city government as it gets." 

Wow. Well, GA expects at least 3 more candidates to challenge Fisher.  One is  Peter Biancamano. 

I tried to get Peter to fess up.  Here's what the cagey fella said to me yesterday when I asked him if he was running or not:

"I'm honored that so many of my neighbors have urged me to run. The second ward has always been my home. From Elysian Park (which should host community events) to making the union dry dock a park to getting the old YMCA building for a municipal pool and much more, I care deeply about the 2nd ward and our city.”

That was an elevator-length campaign speech.

He's running. 


Comments

  1. I'm moving to the second ward so I can vote for this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. unrelated: arrest for vote buying in 2013 Hoboken election, no word on who she was working for: https://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2018/09/hoboken_woman_conducted_vote_by_mail_bribery_schem.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm ButtHurt BardNerd, and I think VBM fraud is just another funny thing to joke about since my people are now behind some of the kings and queens of it.

      I will write lots of limericks and puns about this while people I support continue to turn a blind eye to VBM fraud among their own allies because everything is funny, funny, funny! Looking forward to Ruben and MDF's re-election campaigns in which there's nothing to see here for my BFFs Tiffie and Jenny to have to lose sleep over.

      There once was a giant reformer
      Who backed himself into a corner
      Signed on with OG
      VBM Fraud, who, me?
      Now his main platform is Hoboken's Daily Stormer

      Delete

Post a Comment