Cards from Hoboken kids to border children being held across the Hudson

These are some of the many beautiful cards that Hoboken kids made on Monday night for border children, separated from their families and shipped to New York City in the dead of night. These cards will be dropped off tomorrow for these children who are being held at Cayuga Center in Harlem.  

If you or your child would like to make a card or write a letter to these traumatized children, tomorrow City Hall will have a Drop-Off Box in the City Clerk's Office on the First Floor.

Please drop off your cards and letters to these children in the box at the City Clerk's Office. 

Imagine what these cards will mean to these scared, lonely children. Parents, ask  your child's teacher if their class can make cards or write letters. 







There's a wonderful advocacy group for detained immigrants- refugees and asylees- called  First Friends of NY and NJ.  First Friends will  arrange a visit with an immigrant in detention, or guide you on writing letters and cards to immigrants. Note, detainees who receive mail are treated better by guards than detainees who get none.

Rev. Deacon Jill Singleton gave a powerful speech at the Hoboken vigil  on Monday. Here's her advice on how we can all help refugees and asylees locally, which was shared on Facebook by Cristin Cricco-Powell. 







Comments

  1. Well, children, we all want to live in a country where every child regardless of gender or race can dream of one day growing up to be a white man! My administration is working every day to make that a reality.

    Hey, I thought you said they were sending these cards to ME. Where are they?

    I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards!
    I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards!
    I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards!
    I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards!
    I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards! I want my cards!

    Pence, you idiot. Find my damn cards! Get these stupid kids out of here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment