"The Daily Whine" -- Cunningham's turn



Another day, another whiny constituent email- today's from Peter Cunningham.  What is that like, 3 in one week?

I'm thinking that Cunningham, Fisher, Giattino, Ramos and DeFusco must have these whiny constituent emails penciled in on a calendar...

"It's your turn today, Peter. Make it real shitty. Say that Bhalla's contract will make him one billion dollars!" 

"Great idea, Ruben! Maybe I should make it a zillion? What do you think, Jen?"

"I hate him!"

"Good idea, Jen!  Okay, I'm preparing my shitty whine-fest, right now! After I'm done, could somebody call me a waaaahmublance?"  

Today's "Daily Whine" looks like damage control.  Look there (Mayor Bhalla), not at us.

What Cunningham (and the rest of the "NO" council) want is to distract you from the disgraceful way they treated Father Warren Hall and Heath Urban at the last City Council meeting.

Because these two (CL-6, CL-9) were appointed to the Rent Leveling Board by the mayor, but the Council of NO  unceremoniously pulled them off the meeting agenda in a choreographed power-play to undermine the mayor's authority. Giattino introduced an ordinance (C-12) to take 5 appointments away from the mayor- 3 full, 2 alternates. Giattino's ordinance which will become law if- according to Ruben Ramos-  the mayor does not reappoint (2) Giattino campaign surrogates: Mike Lenz and Cheryl Fallick.  


Well, the unintended consequences of mistreating applicants because they were selected by a political opponent has blown back on the council.

At least in the case of Father Warren Hall , who serves as our YMCA's Director of MBS (Mind Body Spirit) where he manages 96 housing units (SROs). Father Warren's work experience with residents who seek affordable housing, his compassion and interest in Hoboken's affordable housing issue, make him uniquely qualified to serve on Hoboken's Rent Leveling Board.

And that is why today's "Daily Whine" is explaining away their very bad behavior by trying to turn it around on the mayor; lying that he did not reappoint Lenz and Fallick because "they did not support him for mayor."

Father Hall is (and was) a DeFusco supporter. The mayor picked him based on his application, resume and knowing him personally as a man of the highest character.

I suspect Hall and Urban have been "talked to" and convinced that somehow, their appointment by the mayor robbed others far more deserving.

Bullshit.

No board seat is a lifetime appointment. No one begins a board position knowing the laws they must apply to each applicant.  I never looked at Municipal Land Use Law until I was appointed to the Hoboken Zoning Board of Adjustment.

Has anyone asked Mayor Bhalla why he did not reappoint Lenz and Fallick? Does he think they were the "most talented"? 

Now, GA has no opinion on who is "most talented" or least talented on the Rent Leveling Board. I am a fan of obeying rules and not abusing one's position in local government be changing rules to appoint "friends." Just follow the damned law.

And stop whining.  


Comments

  1. It's interesting that Cunningham fails to identify those two incredibly qualified individuals by their names. Peter's email list consists largely of people who know who Lenz and Fallick are so I guess Peter doesn't think his constituents would be particularly sympathetic if he was "transparent" about who it was he and the gang were trying to deliver for.

    The $million reference is pretty funny. Since Peter and the gang are really good at math, I wonder if he could calculate how much business Ravi would have to originate to get to that figure.

    My guess is that complex calculation, which requires grade school math skills, is beyond their skill set. Truly sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people on that list also remember Marianne Camporeale and are rightfully dubious of Peter's assessment of "the City's most talented members" of any board.

      Delete
    2. Ooooooh, pick me, pick me - I think I can figure it out. He will have to generate about $6.097 million in business including his $60,000 base. Am I right? What did I win?


      Delete
    3. Ding ding ding-- snoopy, I don't know if you're right (I do math on my toes) BUT I'll bet you're right or close to it! In that case, you DON'T win the horse shit Cunningham, Ramos, DeFusco and Giattino are peddling.

      Delete
    4. @Snoopy you won the opportunity to answer the next question. How many attorneys working full time only on that work atNJ rates would it take to generate $6.097 million in legal fees?

      I'm thinking it would require about 10 lawyers doing nothing else.

      Delete
    5. So their argument is Ravi is going to keep 10 lawyers busy full time at a law firm? How does that make sense to anyone?

      Delete

Post a Comment