Things that make me cry

Things that make Karen Nason cry:  butterflies, orphans and Republican candidates who cry that politics is mean! 

Chopping onions makes me cry.

I was born in Flushing, Queens. That makes me cry.

People make fun of my accent; I drink "caw-fee."   They think its a speech defect. "No,"  I say. "I'm from Flushing."  They laugh.  I cry.

I cry when people call me "Pinkers!" and "Bonkers for Bhalla!"   I cry at sad movies.  I cry when Kurt Gardiner puts my name on a sex toy.  I cry when my cawfee gets cold.

I cry when Jen Giattino surrogates privately tell undecided  voters, "Ravi is not-electable!" and "Hoboken is not ready for a mayor with a turban!" and "Ravi is bad in math!" and "Ravi has no executive skills!" and "Ravi is a national candidate!" and "Ravi won't put Hoboken first!" and "Ravi is a career politician!"

This made me cry:


I cry when Ravi Bhalla puts out detailed proposal after detailed proposal to the public  and... nothing from Jen Zero, zip, nada.  

I cry when Jen puts out a mailer devoid of issues, ideas and proposals, but wants our vote because "Hoboken deserves her because her first focus is Hoboken" unlike some national, higher-office job-seeking, job-seeker named Ravi Bhalla.


I cry because Ravi is working so hard on detailed policy proposals including, but not limited to, recreation, infrastructure, education, and flooding and Jen...  crickets.  

I cry because Giattino's campaign message is: 'I'm better than him, in every way... in fact, I am so special, so nice,  I don't need to tell you what I am going to do, what my priorities are, how I will solve Hoboken's problems... just trust me, I'm a smart person.'



I cry when Jen's surrogates launder their filthy smear campaign against Ravi and his slate (criminal "Pay-to-Play" allegations) through MSV. 

I cry when Jen cries because Ravi called her what she is, a Republican (what's the big deal?) and the Mayor reveals Jen's private statements which are a matter of public interest and public concern. 

I cry when Jen's friends write letters about crying for Jen, yet have empty tear ducts for spurious attacks made by Jen's campaign against Ravi... that started in July. 

I cry when political candidates like Jen Giattino and her surrogates resort to crying, because if they can't stand the heat, they shouldn't be in politics. 

Unlike Jen Giattino, Ravi doesn't cry, "Boo-hoo, she was mean to me! She called me a "national candidate..." Waaaaaaah!"   

Mayor Zimmer and Ravi Bhalla have been called everything in the political arena. 

Neither cry, nor complain when their opponents disparage them. That is politics

Nor have either of them used the abuse to win sympathy.  They just work harder. 

That is politics. Politics is not for snowflakes. 

The way Giattino is handling the pressure of a political campaign is indicative that she cannot tolerate the abuse, pressure and scrutiny that come with the Office of Hoboken Mayor. 

 I wonder if Mike DeFusco cried about this?


Comments

  1. Defusco's SO hasn't been online since Jen's campaign went running to his boss to make trouble for him. Jen's response was to tell him to go talk to the miscreant himself. Now he's offline. Team Jen could cry about that if they need something real to shed tears over. Chilled speech and a candidate doing nothing about it but telling the guy to deal with it himself. When someone points a microphone at you and asks for a statement declaring your ethical posture, that's one thing. When no one is looking and you need to act or not act and no one will ever know, that's your real ethical posture. Fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cry when i think of how the hoboken democratic committee is chaired by a party turncoat who's campaigning for a republican mayoral candidate.

    i cry when i think about said republican mayoral candidate acting as a spoiler and handing the election to mayor romano or defusco, negating so much progress that's been made and setting the city back about 15 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second @me's motion on the ridiculousness of having a Democratic Chair in town campaign for Republican. That needs to end, as soon as possible. Complete joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cry when I think of how the Republicans, "Jen", "Tiff", Peter Cunningham and their ilk have highjacked this election and thrown it BACK over to the Old Guard. Jeez... we only had eight years of good, clean government. And, for what? "Jen's freaking vanity! Now, DeFusco and Romano can go at each other while Reform watches what we fought so hard to gain for so many years slip away. I could just cry me a big fat river!

      Delete

Post a Comment