Buh-Bye 2011


GA took an unintended break this week due to twin cyber-tragedies; my desktop was seized by a Trojan that tore holes in its Operating System AND my laptop succumbed to a Starbucks baptism.  Yep, that French Roast spilled on my keyboard and crept to the motherboard...

sizzle! snap! crackle! pop!

I'm blogging on a loaner now with my coffee at a safe distance.

So  I went to Best Buy in Jersey City yesterday to look for a new one... and (literally) the moment I walked in a stranger barked "Zimmer's going down!"  as he passed by.   I turned to look I and saw Frank Raia with the barker, a tall, heavy-set guy.

Very odd behavior in a public place, no?  Thuggish.  Immature.  Don't these guys take a holiday?  At least Frank comports himself like a gentleman.  

So.. saw a slamming ASUS machine there but the price tag was over the GA kitty.

Anybody know of a good deal on a 17" laptop? 6-8 MB RAM, good storage, Intel processor, Windows 7?

Well, my blogging point was to wish you-all a Happy New Year. And wish you all achieve your goals  for 2012.

My advice: set the bar low.  Then you will only exceed your own expectations.

For example, say you need to lose 50 lbs. Resolve to lose 5 instead- cutting yourself a  90% break.  Not so daunting, right?   Once you lose that 5 (you can do it!  I know you can!) then you'll be all jazzed, proud and ready to take on the other 45!

Trust me.  Setting the  bar low is a winner.  Because a small success encourages even greater ones.

Alright, I've got to get going.  Again, I wish you all a safe and happy and healthy New Year.

Viva 2012!

XO,
GA

Comments

  1. Yay! I'm down 5lbs now! Great advice.

    You may want to consider high-end Dell laptop refurbs off their website. I had a good experience and their prices are excellent.

    Here's to a fresh, safe, and healthy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a big wet "over and out" to all of you. It's been great fun, lots of laughs, and general infotainment. But I have pretty much said what I have to say about the termites we call neighbors and their... have we settled on "foibles"?

    Anyway, other subject matter calls me. At least I think that's what it was. Might've been car horns.

    A special thank you to my very, very ultra-dear friend GA for indulging me and illustrating my silliness.

    Take care, everyone. Play nice (relatively speaking), stay smart.

    Take it away, Steam.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment