The Party's Over



...the grown-ups are in charge.  Almost.

tick...tick...tick...

After the State's unceremonious trashing of the Mason budget which sailed back from Trenton like a paper airplane on a foul wind, there really is no reason for the City Council to convene tonight. Or is there?

Does a drama queen leave the stage without a curtain call?  No one wants her  back.

With all due respect!

Excuuuuuuse me?

Don't you talk to the ard-iters EVERY DAY? 

Don't look at the audience, look at ME!

I'M talking now!

Mister  OCK-YOO-pinti...

Mike Lenz is responsible for global warming.  That formerly-fat bastard!

This audience is  abuzz with excitement for Friday's 12 o'clock matinee.  A new starlet to enter stage left, Jen Giattino, sworn in by no less than NJ's Lieutenant Governor, Kim Guadagno!

Bravo!

Now... GA s wondering... might the conclusion of the FBI's investigation be timed with Friday's transition of power or shortly thereafter?  Zimmer's taken a lot of crap for having a good relationship with the Governor. Might he throw her a bone-- tie the Reform takeover with a sweep of machine corruption?  Powerful symbolism. Or perhaps Hoboken's frog-march will come on the 2-year anniversary of Operation Big Rig, July 23rd?

Well, it's awfully quiet out there.  Something's about to drop.

All one hears now is the collective sigh of relief that the adults are back in control.

Comments

  1. perfect. drama queen is right, i think there's a good chance she'll have a meltdown on the dais.

    btw, you (and horsey) should win a prize for keeping us sane and hopeful for the past eight months. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic? But you won't have the last laugh because I know how you wannabes got the budget scuttled? It was all hashed out over a meal at the COACH HOUSE DINER?????? LENZ???
    LENZ????
    bzzzzt
    LENZ LENZ LENZ??????
    whirr
    click
    LENZ????????

    Do you know who I am? I'm the job-seeking job-seeker and I'll be there tonight in all my Dapper glory to SHOW YOU ALL????? I'll be wearing a little gadget hidden in my dapper necktie, facing my, ahem , friends at the dais, btw? Just a little side work I'm doing, being the job-seeking job-seeker that I am, on behalf of my new friends in Newark? Smile, Bethy and Mikey, you're on candid camera? I'll take some pics and videos down to Newark and SHOW THEM ALL??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so nice to hear that, JAM. Thank you very much.

    It's also how I've kept myself sane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It felt like Hoboken was sitting Shiva for the past 8 months. The period of mourning ends Friday at noon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment