Spun Like a Top

I've had an interesting email exchange with Al Sullivan, who many of you may know, trashed this blog and yours truly in his column this weekend.

I won't reveal any of it, but can say that nothing said has changed my thinking nor I believe, his. So, here's what I think.

Sullivan was spun. Hard.

By someone with an agenda, and a vendetta- against this blog, against Zimmer, and against... hmmmm.... who do you think? Could it be... yours truly?

Let's take a look.

"...but “Grafix Avenger” has posted personal information on the blogs about one suspect along with vicious personal attacks on other public and non-public officials whom the Avenger perceives as enemies of Zimmer."

Oh, my. What a load of crap, on so many levels.

Is GA the only blog that has published information about "the suspect"? What "personal information"? You mean, the "personal information" the suspect published HIMSELF on his MySpace and Facebook pages?

See for yourself- this was floating in cyberspace for 3 years on MySpace:

Mr. Sullivan, please note I cropped out his actual personal information. Anything I have published about "the suspect" he has published himself, about himself, including the bragadoccio regarding his "occupation":


That's right, Mr. Sullivan. The "suspect "takes pride in his ability to spin and attack people FOR HIRE, in fact he calls it his "occupation". My, isn't that something to be proud of?

So, could this be the "non-public official" who used his self-professed "spinmaster" skills on you this weekend? I have no idea. But who else could it be?

Now, as for your assertion that I take aim at "perceived enemies of Zimmer". BULLSHIT.

I don't blog for Zimmer. I don't blog for anyone. No one owns me. No one tells me what to write. I do satire and commentary, my own.

And am certainly not the only game in town. In fact, my lovely blogger-boyfriends have done some quite sharp satire recently. While I've been preoccupied with the sad story of Timmy O.'s dead flowers. Have you read the piece? A true botanic-Armageddon.

Now, is that kind of story what you mean by a "personal attack on a non-public official"? Wrong.

Timmy is a candidate for public office, and it's not personal. In fact, I like him. We both have a black thumb, a.k.a. "Thumb of Death", when it comes to gardening. I killed 2 azalea bushes in my yard. Improper mulching, I believe. Learn about proper mulching here.

Remember Mr. Sullivan, when it comes to mulching: think donut not volcano.

But I digress... whomever whispered in your ear has certainly taken aim at me and this blog as 'tools' for Zimmer. Had you contacted me before taking a hatchet to the blog I may have disabused you of that notion. Or maybe not, but it would have been fair.

Opinions are one thing, you are entitled to yours, as I am entitled to mine. However, facts are not opinions.

And you have erred on a fact.

...putting Mayor Dawn Zimmer in a position of ridicule outside of Hoboken, where serious politicians are wondering how she can allow people she appointed to misbehave.

Mr. Sullivan, the mayor DID NOT appoint me. The City Council did unanimously, 9-0. UNANIMOUSLY. So don't even try to call it a "Lenz-appointment". Readers, take note this is the THIRD TIME the Hoboken Reporter has referred to me as a 'Zimmer-appointee". The THIRD TIME.

Readers, what does that tell you? About the Hoboken Reporter's agenda? If not its agenda, how about its accuracy? In Mr. Sullivan's case, he did not vet the information of his 'source'. It went straight from his ear to print.

Again, Sullivan asserts here that a politician "allows" my "behavior". Oh, brother.

Once more: NO.

The only one that bosses me around is my 7-year old daughter, Little Avenger (LA). When she tells me to get off the laptop I drop it like a hot potato.

Ah, well. There is always more to say. But making LA's breakfast is more important than this nonsense.

Folks, this is the price of free speech in this town.

Comments

  1. You spin me right round baby,
    right round like a record baby right round right round. Do you want Al's love, o-o-o-ve oh oh oh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GA

    As I thought, you hit a brick wall with him. He is out of touch and become a caricature of a journalist. He represents what is causing tradtional print media to fall apart at the seams. Me thinks he needs to be completely exposed for the hack that he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al Sullivan has lost whatever shred of credibility he might have still had. Not sure that there was any there at this point though.

    What a dunce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GA

    I think that this issue has gotten lost in the TS/ML kerflulle and is, actually, the more important of the two issues. But I guess this what you meant by the divide and conquer play. I just wish that somehow ML would just end this mess and we could move on to closing ranks around GA and others who have borne the brunt of the Axis of Stupid/Evil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, Khoboken: "kerflulle" sounds like something some young women might have worn underneath their tea-length dresses in the '50's....

    Did you mean "kerfuffle"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. MBB

    You got me. I don' think that was a freudian "slip".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment