More on SSC...

the acronym for 'Secaucus Swim Center', and the topic of yesterday's blog entry.

I was so busy describing some of the horrific Secaucus facilities that I left a few out. As well as information useful to masochists who dabble in self-flagellation, cutting, piercing their genitals and spending afternoons at the Secaucus Swim Center.

Of course, between the Hoboken and Secaucus facilities, the choice is clear:

Hoboken's municipal swimming tub vs. Secaucus' municipal pool

Hoboken rocks!

Yes, I've posted that image before, but get used to it. You'll be seeing a lot of it.

First things first: getting there.

If you are reading this, then Google it yourself on your laptop or desktop or snappy wireless hand-held gadget-- you big show off. Think you're pretty hot stuff, huh? If you're lazy or have that nasty Google Redirect virus, click here for a map.

Next, unless you have a membership, you'll need some cash to get in, as well as an ID. From Hoboken. Or any other municipality authorized to use their facility. Here are the fees, per person:

click any graphic to enlarge
Now you're in. (By the way, there's a huge parking lost across the street, and it's free.)

If you're hungry and didn't pack a picnic lunch, then you can buy something at their food concession, which looks like this:


As you can guess, there isn't one thing on their menu that won't spackle your arteries shut and send you to an early grave. Give it a try!

The menu:


And finally, the play equipment, curiously located by the adult pool, a.k.a. sanctuary from your children.




And that's it. So now you know your kids can suffer in Secaucus, too.

Or just stay in Hoboken and pay your taxes.


(Updated, 5:30 pm)
Oh for f*ck's sake, I forgot to post this f*cker.

Comments

  1. The horror continues.... I can report that the large changing room area was clean and even more shocking; there was toilet paper in the bathroom at the end of the day. Who do they think they're kidding- so obviously putting on a show trying to impress their Hoboken visitors. I guess I'll have to keep showing-up to see if I can catch them at their blatant trickery ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice series on the Secaucus pools, but I had one question. The two posts are a bit different. In the first post you had a lot of pictures: the Secaucus ones- 9 and the Hoboken ones -2. In the second post you have the return of the Hoboken photos - 1 and
    the return of the Secaucus 7.
    Any particular reason?

    ReplyDelete
  3. dearest ply, there is no method to my madness.

    I did download 4 Gigs of pics on my full memory chip before heading to Seacaucus... so had lots 'o room and took lots o' pics.

    Have you been to the Seacaucus pool?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to the Secaucus pool many times and love it. FYI it is much better than the North Bergen pool which has almost no shade (as you might imagine I like it a bit shady).

    I think I now know why New Jerseyans do poorly in spelling bees - there are words like "Secaucus" and "Tonnelle" that there is no agreed upon spelling of. Another topic for another day.

    However, in my case, there is a method to my madness. The purpose of my post was to use "The Return of the Secaucus Seven" surreptitiously in a sentence. What can I say - other people play Scrabble to pass the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh crap, did I spell it wrong? I Googled it and everything. It is spelled both ways, I think... oh, please don't make me change it.

    Please, ply...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, go ahead and sit for a spell by the pool.
    But don't ever change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dammit, I suppose you're right.

    Anal creature that I am, now that it's been brought to my attention (thanks for nothing, plywood), I won't rest until I change every last frigging misspelled one, all 50 or more of them.

    I'll get you for this, Spelling Police.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment