HATE, Part 2


Ace reporter Andrew Tavani of Patch.com reports on the bias crime in midtown Hoboken, the subject of yesterday's blog post.

Tavani writes:

According to New Jersey State Police Crime Reports and Statistics, in 2008 (the most recent year for which statistics are available), of the 82 bias incidents that occurred statewide, 11 happened in Hudson County. (In 2007, only one such incident was reported in Hudson County.)

"It's a sad and upsetting occurrence," United Synagogue of Hoboken Rabbi Robert Scheinberg said in a telephone interview.


When it comes to bias incidents involving private property, Jews are most often victimized in New Jersey. In 2008, of the 219 total bias incidents involving private property reported statewide, 107 of those incidents were targeted at members of the Jewish community, according to the 2008 Crime Reports and Statistics Report.


I guess the twisted logic deployed in the destruction of private property is that Jews are financially advantaged, have more of that green stuff, and basically control the banking system of the entire world, not to mention a couple of nearby planets.

I can tell you this isn't true.

Except for the planets part-- ever see Spaceballs?


See? Look at all those Jews in space. What did I tell you?

Back to the money myth.

Some of us do have buckets of the green stuff; George Soros is an example my poor, jealous Republican friends like to use. But most of us are just like most of you-- except for the horns.

Those things sure get in the way.

No doubt you've heard (maybe used) the "cheap" pejorative. I admit some of us are cheap. But don't tell me you've never met a cheap Italian, German, Irishman, Canadian... you can keep on going forever. That frigging Shakespeare and his Shylock character; my people will never live that down. Thanks, Bill.

Well, don't tell me I'm cheap. Every time I order Chinese, I tip the delivery guy 2 bucks. And he doesn't seem to mind when I ask him for 75 cents back.

Onto other unflattering stereotypes: did you know that Jews have gigantic hook noses (see illustration above) and got hit with the ugly stick?

Is that true? I do know some pretty unsightly ones. But did you know that Ginger on Gilligan's Island was one of The Chosen?

One hot Jewess

Yes, I can attest to such prejudice. When I was about 13, the mother of a school chum told me: you're too pretty to be Jewish. Food for thought when I went back home to my ugly mother, hook-nosed father, and homely hook-nosed and shrewish sisters.

See how stupid people are?

Just like the schmuck who painted on the Hoboken building. Who, by the way is going to be caught. Tavani mentions some surveillance video that is being reviewed by the police. Ha ha. I hope you're sweating out there.

And given the local media attention the story's getting, whoever you are, you're screwed. Because when the cops catch you, they'll throw the book at you, and I don't mean Mein Kampf. Yes, you will rot in jail, where I promise to bring you a cake with a gefilte fish baked inside-- the Semitic version of New Orleans' King Cake.

The pic below is from Patch; the defaced property after it had been washed off with the paint barely visible:

photo credit: Andrew Tavani

Nice work, creep.

Comments