Stuff on My Cat

Well, I hear the voice of the the people at MSV where there is a good, healthy and lively conversation in response to today's Guest of the Stable gig.

It's quite edifying to be critiqued by sensible people, because so much crap's been blown my way by the strident lunatic fringe and their rental lackeys that all issues seem to take on extreme dimensions and nuance gets lost. Folks who know me well (neigh,neigh... whinny, whinny) know how stubborn an individual I can be (yes, indeed), but today I'm really hearing the comments made by reasonable, decent folk- except for you, ss1959, and would like to incorporate some going forward!

So allow me to test-drive a 'kinder, gentler' Grafix Avenger blog post... no politicians in dumpsters or wanna-be politicians floating in you-know-what. No, this will be soft and cuddly and sweet and nice... and even feature a furry domestic animal!

Here she is, my cat Pearl:


Isn't she cute?

What do you think so far, people? See, I haven't even photoshopped her head on a tick! Yet. But that could be funny...

Pearl was rescued from a kill-shelter literally hours before execution, by an angel from Zani's Furry Friends, a Manhattan-based animal rescue group. Well, that's a story for another non-offensive posting day.

Alright, there isn't much of a point to all this, other than showing you pics of my cat, and telling you that my daughter, LA (Little Avenger), keeps beating me at Othello- 3 times in a row, now! Can you believe it? She's 7. I'm older (and it gets worse--tomorrow's my birthday, blech).

Well, after the last time she beat me, I challenged her to a rematch. On my cat.

Pearl was a terrific sport, but she had to keep doing this breathing thing (how annoying)... which shook the pieces around:


Then finally, she bolted.

Game over.

So, there you have it. A blog post without politics, featuring a fluffy animal. Who was not harmed in it's production.

Now, if you enjoyed looking at stuff on my cat, there's a web site that's been around forever called- Stuff on My Cat. When LA was little(r) she'd love to peruse it with me... all 10,000 pages. Maybe more.

OK, GA over and out.

Comments

  1. You've really stepped over the line this time.

    Not only did you use a hyper-allergenic animal in your blog post (offensive), but then you used the animal (against it's own free will, again, offensive) as a device for portraying racial struggles (black vs. white), which is incredibly offensive.

    Not only is the feline ("Pearl", who is white in name and coat) driven off by the "blacks", but then you also display clear symbols of racial oppression (mostly "blacks" caged by the "Othello" board). In fact, the name Othello is another symbol of "white" oppression by the bigot Shakespeare, and the game itself is also a symbol of the endless struggle of "white" against "black".

    So much for your "innocent" post. Might as well have had a picture of your cat burning a copy of "Uncle Tom's Cabin" while whistling Dixie and watching Glenn Beck. Oh, wait. That would be something you find on 411.

    Never mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, LL...

    Thank you, thank you, thank you... I needed that!

    Hilarious! Maybe when Bajardi reads this at the next CC meeting he could use finger puppets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only most of the rocks had the intellect and humor of Lincolnlogger GA wouldn't have to explain herself continuously; well done Lincolnlogger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meow sweetheart! Lots of fur balls I guess. As someone who has a black cat (plus a grey and white one) I take offense at Logger's evil, racist remarks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment