Now You See It

... now you don't.

I was just over at The Hoboken Reporter online and noticed something missing: the grotesquely blue-spotted chicken nugget!

The very same one that adorned the front page of their May 9, 2010 print edition and was posted on the online version of that story. In fact, I downloaded the pic from there for my May 10th post, Blue Nugget?.

Cover of Sunday, May 9th 2010 print edition of The Hoboken Reporter, showing
below-the-fold article with photo mysteriously removed from their web site


In case you didn't read my post, I'd noticed the fingers holding that wild and crazy, blue-spotted nugget were blue as well. Blue fingers? So I performed a photoshop 'color correction' (with an adjustment layer, tweaking color channels, hue/saturation, color balance values) to reanimate those dead blue fingers...

And, lo and behold the blue spots disappeared! Or rather, they turned to more benign-looking dark-brownish spots. Now, I might eat something with a few brown speckles, but I'm saving all the blue ones for you. Dig in!

So, that's essentially what I wrote, citing one more example of an otherworldly green sandwich that turned back into something recognizable through the same color correction process. The green sandwich did not appear in The Hoboken Reporter, either in print or online.

Well, the post ended with:


Since folks there peruse this blog every now and then, I'm curious why they scrubbed the shocking blue nugget photo from their site?

I know parents who have dropped the hot lunch program after seeing such images. Should The Hoboken Reporter explain why they removed this photo from their site?

What do you think?

Here's what I'd ask: why'd you hose the funky nugget?

Comments