Baby Turns 2


Months, that is. It's been mostly a good ride albeit with a few kinks-- call it a learning curve.

Thanks to all who visit here, and to those who dive in. A vast majority come for a read, so I'm thinking the 'core' posters making the rounds of our local blogs share the same compulsion: to spew, pontificate, argue or agree. It's all good. I'll take it one step further.

It's an addiction. Try a vacation without internet access and you'll find out. I'd be very happy to lose my telephone- don't care for it, don't use it. Much. But... the laptop is my crack pipe. Figuratively, people.

Want to measure your affection for the online life?

Take a quick test at netaddiction.com and see where you score. I scored a 60.

Their rating system:

20 - 49 points: You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.

50 -79 points: You are experiencing occasional or frequent problems because of the Internet. You should consider their full impact on your life.

80 - 100 points: Your Internet usage is causing significant problems in your life. You should evaluate the impact of the Internet on your life and address the problems directly caused by your Internet usage.

I'd be curious where others fall on the addiction spectrum. I concur with my result.

So signing off for the day, be back tomorrow. Or in 10 minutes.

Comments

  1. The internet is great but can sometimes be absurd,
    Especially when you go and create a grafix turd.

    Congratulations on making it alive to month number two,
    Remaining Beth Mason supporters are getting to be quite few.

    Keep up the good work and don't worry or fret,
    or you could end up getting hemrhoids like George Brett.

    Your blog may a diamond in the rough but it is truly yours,
    and for that same reason I hope it endures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty arcane George Brett reference, I had to Google it. Ouch.

    Thanks, RG. I'm touched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no time for standardized testing but I assume letting dinner burn (not daily) is not a good sign on the internet addiction scale....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I scored 35.

    I have control over my usage. =c)

    Happy "2 months" to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spill it, janis. Or just whisper it in my ear.

    thank you, beep beep.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment