|Assemblyman Garcia's party at Teak|
Between 33rd Legislative District Assemblyman Garcia's announcement to run for the 6th Ward council seat on August 6, 2015 until the November 3 election, Garcia for Hoboken Council spent conspicuously on fundraisers, a block party, voluminous direct mailers, letters, campaign literature, signage, door knockers, coffee giveaways, custom Halloween goody-bags and a massive GOTV presence on Election day.
And what expenditures has Garcia for Hoboken Council reported to date?
*11 Day-Pre election report filed December 1, 2015
|Trick or treat|
GA has no idea.
Meanwhile, Carmelo Garcia's other ELEC account, Garcia for Assembly, reported on April 21, 2015 a sudden 'uptick' in $384,043.84 in "aggregate contributions" (Schedule A) which "disappeared" on the next ELEC filing, dated October 8, 2015...
Why would a tsunami of "aggregate contributions" be reported on one period, and disappear the next?
GA has no idea.
Two weeks after Assemblyman Carmelo Garcia announced he was running for Hoboken 6th Ward Councilman, his Assembly Chief-of-Staff, Christopher Campos, opened a TD Bank account for 2007's "Friends to Re-Elect Christoper Campos." Why?
GA has no idea.
What was happening at the Assembly and here in Hoboken at the time Garcia for Assembly's unusual April 21 financial activity was reported?
GA can answer that, with a timeline of events before, during and after the unusual financial activity reported on April 21 by Garcia for Assembly. The timeline will show us this "aggregate contribution uptick" was reported shortly after Garcia was replaced by Annette Chapparo on Stack's ticket.
- March 31, 2013- State Senator Brian Stack announces Carmelo Garcia is picked for 33rd Legislative District Assembly ticket.
- July 18, 2013- Carmelo Garcia's secretly recorded audiotape of lunch with the mayor' husband and former NJ Senate Majority Leader Bernie Kenny is revealed during the deposition of Mayor Zimmer in Angel Alicea's discrimination lawsuit against the City of Hoboken. Alicea was represented by Louis Zayas.
- August 12, 2013- Carmelo Garcia files an "ethnic cleansing suit" against the Mayor, her husband, and HHA commissioners. Garcia is represented by Louis Zayas.
- August 18, 2013- The Hoboken Reporter reports on Carmelo Garcia's audiotape transcript of secretly recorded lunch with Mayor's husband and Bernie Kenny and the "ethnic cleansing" lawsuit.
- November 5, 2013- Garcia elected as District 33 Assemblyman.
- January 15, 2014- Garcia sworn in to represent the 33rd Legislative District. Garcia's Chief of Staff is Christopher Campos.
- August 4, 2014- Garcia's HHA contract terminated .
- December 9, 2014- Politickernj reports "Assemblyman Carmelo Garcia... is in hot water with that leadership [Stack] and could be bumped from the party’s main ticket next year.... The controversy, insiders say, stems from an almost reputation-devastating incident that took place last year, when Garcia was caught having secretly audio recorded a lunch meeting he had with the husband of Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer, as well as former state Sen. and veteran pol Bernard Kenny."
- March 3, 2015- Politickernj reports "Democratic leaders" will replace Assemblyman Carmelo Garcia on Stack' 2015 ticket with Annette Chapparo
- April 20, 2015 - Annette Chapparro announces she is running for 33rd Legislative District Assembly.
- April 21, 2015- "Garcia for Assembly"files (another) Jan 15, 2015 ELEC.
- Schedule A "Aggregate contributions" reported total $384,043.84, while Table 1 "Receipts"- Line 2 (over $300) cumulative-to-date total $47,441.67.
- The difference between Table 1- Line 2 cumulative-to-date total aggregate contributions and Schedule A total aggregate contributions is $336,603.17.
Largest Aggregate Contributors:
RAI Services Company---$42,069
Diana Punales Morejon---$42,076
Sun Chong Kim--$42,076
Gilberto R. Paz--$42,076
Food Council for Good Government--$42,079
- August 6, 2015- Assemblyman Garcia announces he is running for Hoboken 6th Ward City Councilman
- August 21, 2015- Garcia's Chief of Staff Christopher Campos files a D-1 to open new TD Bank North Account # 4313068151. for "Friends to Re-Elect Christoper Campos"
- October 8, 2015-"Garcia for Assembly"files an April 1, 2015 ELEC.
- Schedule A "Aggregate contributions" filed on April 21, 2015 reduced from Jan 15 filing.
- Table 1 "Receipts"- Line 2 (over $300) cumulative-to-date total $47,441.67 (same as ELEC filed on April 21) .
Changes to Aggregate Contributors (from Jan 15):
RAI Services Company---
Diana Punales Morejon---
Sun Chong Kim--
Gilberto R. Paz--
- October 10, 2015- Garcia for Hoboken Council opens a D-1, Election is November 3, 2015
- December 1, 2015- Garcia for Hoboken Council files 29 day and 11-day pre-election reports.
- March 9, 2016- "Two Bergen County men were among four people arrested Wednesday and charged in a $7 million scheme to use straw buyers and phony loan applications to fraudulently obtain more than 200 new automobiles, federal authorities in Manhattan said.... Christopher Campos was charged in a criminal complaint with conspiracy to commit bank and wire fraud, and one count each of bank fraud and wire fraud."
GA lives in Hoboken's 6th Ward, and I would like to know.