|How far will Beth Mason go to taint court proceedings against so-called 'bully-bloggers'? THIS FAR.|
What's even hotter than the weather we're having in Hoboken?
The court room tapes of Hoboken Prosecutor/candidate for Bergen County Freeholder representing Beth Mason Civic League employee Matt Calicchio against a renowned Mason critic/ political blogger. The hearing date was July 16, 2012.
GA is not posting the audio because (I was told) it will be presented in another court case.
Folks, these tapes are hot- in many ways, and in one exchange between Matt Calicchio and the Judge, connect more dots between Councilwoman Beth Mason and her role in engaging political operative 'bullies' to file complaints against those who criticize her online.
- May 9, 2012-- Councilwoman Beth Mason donated $1,000 to a Democratic Freeholder candidate (Bergen County) serving as Hoboken's Municipal Prosecutor at the time of the Mason donation.
- May 16, 2012-- Hoboken Prosecutor represents Mason Civic League, Inc. employee Matt Calicchio in a harassment complaint against a renowned Mason critic and blogger. The Hoboken Prosecutor does not disclose Hoboken Councilwoman Mason's $1,000 donation nor request a change of venue for the case. Case goes to mediation.
- July 11, 2012- Beth Mason makes the following "statement" to the Hoboken City Council: "First of all I'd like to make a statement that Mr. Brice is on the verge of some legal action, and the Council would make sure it's appropriately handled."
- July 16, 2012-- The Prosecutor's second court appearance representing Mason Civic League Inc. employee Matt Calicchio against the renowned Mason critic and blogger. She does request a change of venue this time. On Tape Number 3 this exchange:
Judge: (to Calicchio) When you're in public, you can expect your photograph to be taken, if you're at a meeting or doing something at a public meeting Mr Calicchio, you can't stop someone from taking your photograph at a public meeting...
Calicchio: I also pointed out if I may a c-c-c-c-c-civil suit is going to Mr. Brice tomorrow...
Judge: That's your business, sir and it will not be filed here...
Judge: Well, wherever, it's not Hoboken. We don't do civil matters.
5. July 26, 2012-- Lane Bajardi and Kim Cardinal Bajardi file a defamation lawsuit in Hudson County s-s-Superior Court against 22 Hoboken bloggers including the person Zur was prosecuting for Caliccchio-- just as Beth Mason and Matt Calicchio promised on July 11 and July 16, 2012, respectively.
The tapes themselves are shocking as the Prosecutor's presentation is a litany of familiar 'Masonista' talking points about the Defendant. GA was amused by the judge; professional and right on the money about the political nature of the proceedings.
Now, it's abundantly clear that Mason's bullies are hijacking the Ramos campaign, using it as an excuse to revive it's fishy vendetta against bloggers; a re-run of the BoE 'Zimmer-bloggers' fiasco. I would urge Ruben to take back his campaign, and for all to remember that 2013 is not 2012.
We are ready this time.