The actual amount of money Mason has given to politicians and political committees is mind-boggling. And we haven't gotten to political contributions made by her PACs- 'Friends of Beth Mason', for example.
Here's a notorious one from the Occhipinti Purchase in 2010- the $8,200 bonanza from 'Friends of Beth Mason for City Council'.
|2010: 4th Ward Hoboken City Council candidate Tim Occhipinti ELEC|
Not only did Elizabeth Mason 'own' that donation, she wrote this to the Hoboken Reporter:
"My family and I were proud to contribute $13,000 of our hard-earned money to Councilman Occhipinti’s campaign..."
|2012: Hoboken BoE candidates, Move Forward ELEC|
Unfortunately, GA hasn't been able to find even one ELEC filing. Nor is it registered on the NJ Department of State Business Portal. Maybe you'll have better luck? With a lamp and a genie.
Anyway, GA thinks it is safe to say that more of the Councilwoman's money is moving around than is documented where the public can see it.
How is she paying her operatives? How many of them are there? Ones that make films for Nazi trucks, ones that harass a School Board Trustee in the presence of her little daughter, ones that plant made-up Nazi stories in the Hoboken Reporter, ones that orchestrate law suits...
Well, here is the note I received from a reader, of even MORE Mason political donations, which begs this question: what is she buying and what are they selling?
Why did you list only federal contributions?
Most of what she’s spread around is in NJ. This is a list of NJ contributions from November 2011:
- 11/18/2011 Richard Mason $4,000 Gordon Wagner Eustace For NJ 38th legislative District Democrat
- 11/9/2011 Elizabeth Mason $2,000 Vainieri Huttle Valerie State Assembly 37th Legislative District Democrat
- 11/16/2011 Elizabeth Mason $5000 Hogan John S. County Clerk, Bergen County Democrat ($2400 refunded because over ELEC limit)
- 1/26/2012 Friends of Beth Mason for City Council $1,000, Democratic Committee of Bergen County
- 3/14/2012 Elizabeth Mason $5,000 Union City First
- 5/08/2012 Elizabeth Mason $1,000 Sayegh, Andre Paterson CC
- 5/09/2012 Friends of Beth Mason for City Council $1,000 Tracy Zur Bergen County Freeholder Dem (primary)
- 5/31/2012 Elizabeth Mason $11,000 Bouldin & Zaft, Bergen County Freeholder Dem (primary) – illegal exceeds legal contribution limit by $5,800)
- 5/31/2012 Elizabeth Mason $10,000 Passaic County Democratic CMTE
- 6/5/2012 Elizabeth Mason $7,500 Passaic County Democratic Cmte
- 6/5/2012 Elizabeth Mason $15,000 Passaic County Democratic Cmte
- NJ reported contributions having nothing to do with Hoboken: $64,500 Of this $43,500 to Bergen and Passaic committees and candidates - were essentially contributions to Pascrall in his primary against Rothman. Note that Bouldin and Zaft were running against Zur so Mason contributed to both sides. Zur was running on Rothman’s line and Bouldin and Zaft on Pascrell’s. The contribution to Zur was probably really to support Zur. contribution to Bouldin and Zaft were probably directed by Pascrell to help get him votes in Bergen.
- Contributions to Hoboken Old Guard: 3/23/2011 Elizabeth Mason $2,000 Ruben Ramos
- 4/29/2011 Elizabeth Mason $3200 Ruben Ramos ($600 returned 5/6/2011) Despite the refund the contributions are still illegal since they were for same race (2011 primary) and net to $4,600 - $2,000 over the legal individual contribution limit
- 10/25/2011 Beth Mason for City Council $5,000 Romano, Anthony – legal because limit for committee is higher.
(Update- 2:00 PM)
GA just received a call from John Keim who clarified that 'Friends of Beth Mason' is not a PAC but an "Ongoing Political Committee" and that his wife was the Treasurer and is no longer involved. He hung up before I had the opportunity to ask him about the committee. Not sure why he hung up- I think I was polite.
Before he hung up, Mr. Keim threatened to write an 'amicus brief' (whatever that is) if I didn't edit the above. Well, for the record GA responded to Mr. Keim's appeal, not his threat.
I am glad he reached out to me to clarify what kind of entity FOB is. Maybe he can direct me to the ELECs.