Ready for this BREAKING Earwitness News report?
Here's what GA heard last week:
(Councilwoman) Beth Mason's charity is shutting down.And from a second source:
Beth and Ricky are dismantling the Mason Civic League. I guess Ricky pulled the plug.Wow. GA has noticed Mason pulled her weekly Gallery 1200 ad from page 3 of The Hoboken Reporter- last week it had been replaced by one for John Castellano's BoE slate. ( John Castellano is the Treasurer for Russo for Hoboken, currently being looked at for the disappearance of 18K from it's bank account)
Here's the history of Mason's 501(c)(3) The Mason Civic League, Inc.
1. The Mason Family Civic League, Inc.'s Certificate of Incorporation was filed on July 21, 2010. The Board members are Beth Mason, Ricky Mason and James Barracato, Mason political operative.
2. The Mason Family Civic League, Inc, was registered as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organization with the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs on December 7, 2009 7 months before it was incorporated.
3. Beth and Ricky Mason opened a 'community art gallery' Gallery 1200 on October 7, 2011 in Mason's former 2nd Ward City Council campaign headquarters, 1200 Washington Street. The Gallery was sponsored by the Masons' 501(3)(c), which they refer to by the alias "The Mason Family Civic League." The Mason Family Civic League does not exist as a registered business or a charity- it is not a legal name. http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.ssf/2011/09/gallery_1200_to_offer_hoboken.html
4. Beth and Ricky Mason use the unregistered alias "The Mason Family Civic League" instead of the charity's legal, registered name "The Mason Civic League, Inc." in print media, online, advertising, even in Ricky Mason's Wachtell bio: http://i45.tinypic.com/2gtvjpv.jpg
5. The Mason Civic League, Inc. has NOT filed NJ state-mandated annual income and expense reports to the NJ Attorney General's Office since it's inception 3 years ago- See Charitable Registration and Investigative Act, N.J.S.A. 45:17A-33 (page 21): http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/laws/charitylaws.pdf
6. The Mason Civic League, Inc. employs political operatives.
Tax-exempt charities are NOT permitted to participate in political activities. Political operatives Matt Calicchio and Tania Garcia are employed by the Mason Civic League, Inc. This was revealed in open court in Union City on June 7, 2012 at the trial of Matt Calicchio. Calicchio was charged with harassing BoE Trustee Theresa Minutillo on public school premises last October 2011- in the presence of Minutillo's 5 year-old daughter. In court, Calicchio AND his witness Tania Garcia (sister in law of BoE member Kids First opponent Carmelo Garcia) were both called "political operatives" by Judge Sixto Macias. BOTH admitted they worked and were paid for by "The Mason Family Civic"
( Calicchio and Garcia admit to working for the Beth and Ricky Mason 'charity' on pages 26,27 (Garcia) and 28,36(Calicchio))
7. Mason filed IRS tax form 990-N( e-Postcard) federal tax returns for the Mason Civic League, Inc. in years 2010 ( http://tinyurl.com/cpjnoxz) and 2011 (http://tinyurl.com/c5kzd6f). The 990-N (e-Postcard) form is restricted to charities with gross receipts of $50K or less : http://i46.tinypic.com/28iqid1.jpg The e-Postcard is extremely simple and only asks for basic info: tax period, EIN, legal name, mailing address, doing business as, gross receipts, principal's name and address. Gallery1200's annual rent is estimated $36K-$48K, it has (at least) 2 full-time employees- Matt Calicchio and Tania Garcia, plus an 'art curator'. Instead of the e-Postcard Beth Mason SHOULD have filed IRS form 990: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f990.pdf a detailed and rigorous line-item audit of income, expenses, etc .
Now, how did ALL this information enter the public domain?
Here on Grafix Avenger.
Sleuth One-Eye and GA broke the story in a 3-part series on June 9, 11, 12:
June 11, 2012: http://grafixavenger.blogspot.com/2012/06/bombshell-mason-finboy-non-profit-sham.html
And guess what happened on June 13, 2012?
GA's first recorded visit by a certain Cincinnati, Ohio law firm. Click HERE to see what they came for.
Does anyone remember that catchy tune,"Video Killed the Radio Star"? So what put the kibosh on Mason's charity?