Thank You from GA

My daughter, LA (Little Avenger) the artist- age 9

Folks, it's been an extraordinary week for many reasons- most which I cannot discuss.   

Boo hiss.

But the obvious one to GA readers is the quiet over here.  And that is because of the reasons I can't discuss.

Needless to say, I have been busy.  So busy, in fact I've been offline since Monday for a deadline yesterday.   ( I did it, I did it...Hooray!)

So, really what I want to say this morning is that I have been touched by the overwhelming support shown to me and my family by our community- the number of folks who've reached out personally to support me is incredible. 

Blogging is a solitary venture; it's easy to forget how many people stop by daily, though my web stats tell me GA has a surprisingly large following for a teeny-weenie blog.  Just this week, thousands of 'first-time' visitors, even though I haven't added much content.

So the thoughts from people I don't 'know' and 'non-political' folks... well, thank you

And it's still August when so many are away on vacation or tuned out.

Further, the incredible outpouring of generosity- the donations received so far, well... all I can say is: thank you from the bottom of my heart.  

 ありがとうございます。

Because every penny extracted for legal bills makes my child's future less secure.  You folks, by your kindness, are helping offset this damage to my child's future.  And if that doesn't do it for you, think about this: your support dampens the mirth over on Hudson Street.

So for those who can, by all means support The Hoboken Free Speech Legal Defense Fund and drop something in the kitty.  Click here to donate.

Meee-ow.

Meanwhile, the first day of school is September 6 and lots to do before then; LA needs a new wardrobe- she's at that stage between kids' sizes and Junior's, in clothing and in shoes- and as fussy as any kid with an incredibly un-cool mom.

Did I tell you she has a 12th grade reading level, and she's going into 5th?  Her May Lexile score was 1262.  Brag brag brag.  

LA has a bright future ahead of her.

So, that's all I wanted to say to you folks.  Thank you.

And this: do not be afraid.



Comments

  1. Thanks for all the work you & Horsey and the rest of the volunteers are doing for this community. It is indeed much appreciated. I was away when all this commotion surfaced, and perhaps some Other folks were away too, so I think it's a good idea that you guys keep asking for donations to cover for the dirty legal battle unleashed by the Hoboken garbage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! You are most welcome, hadenough. Stay tuned for events to come.

      XO,
      GA

      Delete

Post a Comment