Somebody Got a 6 AM Visit

This just arrived in my Inbox:
GA,

I need to let you know that about 6:00 in the AM approximately one week ago, there were several cars parked outside (name redacted) house on (street redacted) btw. (street redacted)  and (street redacted) on the WRONG side of the street (i.e., the side adjacent to the (redacted). A police car sped around the corner from (street name redacted)  and stopped in front of the house. All of the lights were on, which is unheard of in that house. Just speculating.

I didn't see (name redacted) on Friday, did you?

GA's redacted all identifying information for a couple of reasons.

One is fairness to the person and his/her family- innocent until proven otherwise, and who knows the actual nature of the visit.

Another is their safety.

Another is not wanting to taint the FBI investigation in any way.  And if this person is a cooperating witness- GA's assumed that's the case- revealing his/her identity would do so.

I will say this much: after reading this email, here's what popped into my mind:  Cammy's talking.

Strange beginnings to a long, hot summer. And it may get hotter for some.

Comments

  1. (opening salutation redacted),

    I've just got to start a MADLibs tournament at (local tavern redacted), after a couple of rounds of (beverage redacted), using this post. It's the redactiest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't imagine what life is like for a certain population of town these days. Lying awake staring at the ceiling at 4am, hoping the doorbell doesn't ring, half hoping it does to end the torture.

    I'm adding "never piss off the feds" to my list of things to do with the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ply, that's funny.

    Btw, I've always wanted to tell you this: (redacted, redacted, redacted, redacted)

    Whatever you do, please don't share w/(redacted).

    XO,
    (redacted)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GA-
    Lest I make an error of omission, pray tell, is it me, or am I sensing a certain je ne sais quoi missing in this thread?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment