Money CAN Buy You Love


Who says 'money can't buy you love?' 

Of course it can!

If you've got sacks full of money, you haven't got actual, unpaid love, you really, really want love , and  feel no humiliation that you have to PAY people to hold signs saying they love you (for $25 a pop).. .take a look at this message forwarded to GA earlier today:
Hello,

I was wondering if you could forward this to the rest of your house.

I am a brother of the Beta Theta Pi Fraternity and I have been working for the Beth Mason campaign for the past couple of weeks trying to get people to register to vote in Hoboken. Tonight there is going to be a debate tonight at 7 to a little after 9 or so and basically the gentleman I am working for would like 100 people or so to stand out side of the debate and hold up signs for Beth Mason and picket line. You will be payed 25 dollars to do this. If you would like to do this we will be meeting outside of the Beta House at 6:40 tonight. Also if you want to do this please email me with your full name and phone number at (redacted) @gmail.com. We need a good showing for this and its an easy 25 dollars to hold a sign. Hope to see you tonight.

Thank you,

(namenredacted)
Stevens Institute of Technology 2012
Civil Engineering
Stevens Baseball
(frat ID redacted), (fraternity name redacted)

Hoo- boy!  So Hoboken's Cruella DeVille's got $2,500 budgeted for these kids to 'show their love'.

Well, I couldn't help myself- I had to respond to that nice young man:
Hello (redacted),

I may be able to get about 20 people to hold signs at tonight's debate.  I have a few questions for your contact in the Mason campaign- would that be Lane Bajardi?  Or Jimmy Barracato? Please advise who and then I'll get in touch w/you.

Regards,
Nancy
One hour later I received this reply:

Al Benninghof was on campus looking to hire students to hang posters of beth on bus stops yesterday.  Today he's looking for students to hold the same posters at the debate tonight.  How many people do you think we can get and how soon and if you will be ready for the debate tonight?

Touche!

Do you know who Al Benninghof is?

He's Rami Pinchevsky's campaign consultant!  Rami's running against Timmy Occhipinti in the 4th Ward. The young man must have forwarded my email to his contact in the Mason campaign, and they responded in kind.

I did want to get back to the fellow, so I replied:
That's terrific!  Al gave me some posters of Beth yesterday, too  which I've distributed to  25  people who are also going to be there tonight.  Only they have Tom Greaney's picture on them and say, 'Vote for Tom Instead of The Witch' which must be a printing error.

Thanks, (redacted).  Best wishes.

Regards to Jimmy the Fish.

Best,
Nancy

I'd love to go the debate tonight, but may not be allowed out of the house 2 nights in a row.

If you go, please give my regards to Mason's paid-fans.

Comments