Hair Affair


GA's been so busy these days with talkative body parts I forgot to mention Wednesday's book signing event at the Malibu Diner- I was there!

But who cares about the inside account of a massive federal sting operation folks call "the day everyone in Jersey got arrested"  in the presence of the fluffiest, cleanest (washed daily with Fructis by Garnier), most heavenly mop in Hoboken (ladies, they're not plugs!) and it's owner, Perry Belfiore.  

Don't think the affection is one-way; The Hair returns my admiration by calling me  a "crazy woman".

He cares.

You know I hadn't petted The Hair since the Big Jubilee Debate on October 13th, when Lenz cleaned Timmy's clock ( for all the good it did him) and the tender moment was captured on film:   


Let me tell you folks, that is one mop you don't want to stick in a bucket. Or clean your dog's vomit with.  And if you call me obsessed or deranged, you're just jealous because you never felt it.

Well, The Hair and I had a nice chat on Wednesday and even exchanged telephone numbers. It's true. The funny thing is, when I called the number he gave me, I got the New Jersey State Coroner's Office.

An innocent mistake, I'm sure.

And he hardly winced when I invited myself to dinner.  The "Feast of the Seven Fishes" he called it, which is more or less an Italian Seder- minus the bitter herb and gefilte fish. I'll be there, Perry!  Next Christmas Eve. With my 5 best friends, a few cousins and my deaf Uncle Moe.

So you ask:  what's the point of this, GA?

Here it is: folks on different political teams can coexist, have a nice chat, even pet each other's hair without aiming to destroy the other's reputation and career, or pay punks to harass opponents on internet message boards (see 'Beth Mason').  The politics of personal destruction in Hoboken is so yesterday.

Perry's an affable guy; I like him.

In fact, I had a civil relationship with Mike Russo- until he called me an "Anti-Semite" on live TV at the City Council.  That was just wrong. And he never apologized.

That was back when he was using the Mason playbook. The one that says you can post a police incident report online and throw your police friends under the bus.

Wonder what he thinks of that playbook now?

Oh, and the book signing.

Did you know Josh Margolin, co-author of "The Jersey Sting" reads Grafix Avenger?  Well, he said he did.

Maybe he didn't want to hurt my feelings.

Comments