Cable TV Star

One day after the April 3rd release of the Russo FBI surveillance tape, the story hit the local cable media on Hudson News Edition of Cablevision.  

The news clip features 3rd Ward opponent Greg Lincoln along with  4th Ward candidate Rami Pinchevsky and 1st Ward candidate Eric Kurta calling for Russo's removal as Chairman of the Revenue and Finance Committee from his position as City Council Vice President.

Advice to Russo: this local story  is going to metastasize to a national one if you're not proactive, and fast.  You think you're in a world of hurt now?  Wait until you're on CNN, FOX and MSNBC. Then the NY Daily News, The New York Times, The New York Post...

Take it from me.  I know what I'm talking about.

In a similar conundrum, I had to contain the NJDC-smear from going international via the Jewish press-- you do know that was what Beth Mason had planned for me when she planted her Bajardi-written, Hoboken411-linked  smear on the NJDC web site?  So the path of humility was a no-brainer.  And genuine.  And put the kibosh on the spectacle the nasty Mason-Bajardi team had planned for me.

So, heed my advice.

Take your lumps. Show some humility. Don't dig yourself in any deeper.   

Comments