Wandering Jews

This post is for the Jews.

Or... anyone not partying or praying or giving and receiving gifts today in celebration of Jesus' birthday: Muslims, Sikhs, Druids, Buddhists, Wiccans, Taoists, etc.

So, what are you going to do? Practically everything's closed.

There's always Chinese food and a movie.

How about pulling a family member off the computer and introducing yourself: pleased to meet you, I'm your mother.

Have you read a book recently? Magazines don't count.

What about going for a walk... to another Jew's house. Then the two of you can complain for awhile, eat a snack, complain a little more then walk back to your house and repeat.

GA's tribe is heading off to a family gathering today. To see my nephew who's home from college. I hear a roast turkey was invited. And I made my awesome rum cake...

Oh honey, this cake is to die for. And so easy to make. GA's tip: use good rum. I used a cheap one once- blech.

I use Bacardi Gold:

Mmmmm....

Here's another tip: make the glaze when you put the cake in the oven, wait to add the rum...let the glaze cool then add the rum-- to keep more of the alcohol in... heh heh. I am telling you, if you try this recipe you will love me forever.

Hey Jews, how about it? Why not bake a rum cake today?

LA & I made two.; the family gets the bundt, the other's for us...

With rum cake in tow we'll be wandering off soon; a couple of Jews amongst the millions wandering the earth today on Christmas.

To my Christian brothers and sisters, Merry Christmas.

Comments

  1. This post is effing hilarious! and that cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment