Back at ya, Liz

Hoo-boy. Just try to check out of Hoboken local media, politics and the blogosphere for a couple of days... just try it and see what happens.

My friends the leeches finally left today with their suitcases and inconsiderate demands (foot massages? bedtime stories?) and I pounced on my laptop like a starved wretch... only to find... this.

Oye vey.

Since Markevitch seems to be a Grafix Avenger fan (why else is she preoccupied with its content?) I will respond here.

Pretty outrageous, Liz.

Using my unpaid, volunteer service on a municipal board to condemn my right to have an opinion, to voice my opinion on my own blog ON MATTERS UNRELATED to my service. You should be ashamed of yourself. Nice try at embarrassing me. Nice try at trying to shut down this blog because you don't 'like' it. Nice try at questioning my capacity to serve Hoboken because you don't like what I publish here.

You are a hypocrite.

You, a woman who posts regularly on Hoboken411- a web site known for posting photoshops mocking dwarfs and fat people, that 5 short months ago had a feature comparing Mayor Zimmer to assorted monkeys.

And you're calling for "more civil political discourse" online?

So, Ms. Markevitch, where was YOUR condemnation of Hoboken411's mocking of the physically challenged in your letter? Why do YOU keep posting there if you are so upset at the tone of the discourse online? You are a regular on Hoboken411, while you complain about the discourse on a TINY blog like this? Hoboken411 is YOUR playpen, not mine. I don't like it, I don't go there. If you don't like my blog, why come here? It's not required reading.

I am curious if you know the difference between a 'blog' and a web site that purports to deliver 'news'?

I am the former. This is my small, personal space to write what I think. Opinion. Commentary. Things American citizens are allowed to have.

Now, for the web site YOU patronize, a so-called 'news' site that purports to serve a community-- the mud-pit of Hoboken411 delivers only the 'news' it's benefactoress, her slimy political operatives, and her minions want you to know. You ought to worry about the misinformation and propaganda being disseminated there as 'news' and not the opinions of a blogger on a blogspot.

Don'tcha think?

As for your contention that others may have influence over the content on this site: let me set you straight. NO ONE tells me what to say, or how to say it. NO ONE.

You can call me a "Zimmer-ally" till the cows come home-- nice try at a political hatchet job, Liz-- if you want to call me something call me an American citizen. Call me someone who lives in a country that protects Free Speech. Call me someone whose Free Speech you don't like, who expresses that speech on a venue of her own that you seek to SHUT DOWN with your public attack on her SERVICE to our community.

You actually disgust me for that.

How nice that you have allied yourself with the nasty crew of smear merchants that have been using this exact same line of attack on internet message boards, like the nasty Weehawken fish whom I've had the courtesy not to 'out'. Yet. If only I were treated with the same courtesy.

Thanks for the memories, Liz.



Remember this deception? An example of Markevitch and her team's USE of Hoboken411 to disseminate propaganda- a letter critical of Zimmer by the WIFE of one her running mates (only Real Results forgot to mention the 'wife' part).

Comments

  1. Good to have you back GA; it's been quite a week of self-righteous double standards and disingenuous indignation from Camp Mason who seem to think if you keep repeating a mis-truth it will become the truth. It seems John Keim handed the helm to Markevitch after his efforts to buoy the Mason "I'm a Victim" campaign ran aground over on da horsey's site (http://hobokenhorse.blogspot.com/2010/06/guest-of-stable-john-keim.html). Camp Mason seems to be the last to realize their ship is sinking; I hope Mason invested in life rafts- they're going to need them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah me, when will it end. Well, as you know I have just come to the end of a long tunnel and have some time to myself again. I think this subject needs and Info enema at long last. I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fleet-fingered Info...sure to be a cathartic read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment