Geezers that Rock

Today I bring you a controversy-free post, another installment of the popular GA feature, Geezers That Rock. Our last edition featured the still-fabulous Ted Nugent, who I think is launching a surface-to-air missile from his backyard as I type. Go Ted! I hope it lands on a tree-hugger! (Just kidding, humorless HR folks)

Today's guest rock-n-roll geezer was suggested by a reader and huge fan (of the artist, not GA)-- the still smokin' hot Joe Cocker.

Yes, at age 66 Mr. Cocker is a certified geezer. But, so what? Just listen to that voice. Ray Charles once called him his "one real disciple".

So sit back and enjoy.

This version of "Unchain My Heart" was taped in 2008, not much else known:



Wow. How about that? f you want to hear more of the gritty, soulful Joe Cocker, visit his official site.

As you see, GA honors requests. Readers, don't hesitate to suggest your own fave rock-n-roll geezer for a future GTR guest appearance.

Yes, there are so many of them out there still rockin' the free world... wait a minute...rockin' the free world... rockin' the free world... that reminds me... I think I feel a GEEZER TWO-fer coming on!

Rockin' in the Free World", by Neil Young!

I LOVE Neil Young and guess what: he's old! 65, which qualifies him for an appearance here today!

Here's one fun fact about Neil Young that really impresses me: he wrote and recorded his 2006 Grammy-nominated anti-war album Living With War in 9 days. That's right. Just 9 days, from conception to completion. And what have YOU done in the past 9 days? Have YOU written and recorded a Grammy-nominated album? I didn't think so. And it's such an interesting story, too, maybe the subject for a future post.

So here he is, old and great as ever:



Thank you, Neil Young!

And YOU too, If you've stuck it out. Remember you're invited you to suggest your own fave rock-n-roller who's refused to let a couple of wrinkles cramp his/her style.

But please act fast before... uh... um... well... you know.

You know what I mean?

Comments

  1. ..act fast before ....uh....they come off the way Keith Richards did recently on Jimmy Fallon?

    http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/107528/keith_richards_jimmy_fallon_news.php

    Great stuff that Neil Young video. I have long maintained he should re-lyric that song "(Keep On) Rocky the Flying Squirrel".

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.mtv.com/videos/lynyrd-skynyrd/140807/red-white-and-blue.jhtml

    Hope you enjoy this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, PM- thanks! I changed one lyric:

    "My hair's turning white.. my collar's still black..."

    ply, I enjoyed that, thanks. Keith Richards' hair has finally caught up with his face.

    He's charming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment