Horse Farm

No, I'm not talking about MSV or its resident bronco. I'm talking about the Little Avenger's (LA) career choice: horse farmer.

Or course, every kid talks about what they want to be when they grow up. Didn't you?

What surprises me about LA is her consistency. She's been describing this horse farm where she'll grow carrots and apples for the horses to eat for 2 years now- or 28% of her life (she's 7). That's tenacity; at her age I wanted to be a ballerina, astronaut, teacher, and scientist all in a single afternoon.

So, a few days ago LA surprised me with this drawing, saying as she held it out, "This is my dream".


And I have no doubt she'll realize her dream. But please don't tell her it'll cost her more than eight dollars. Not yet.

So, take a moment to reflect on where you are today and if you've realized your 'dream', or found something you like even better.

Comments